Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Tuesday, 2024-03-19, 11:47 AM RSS Main | Codename: PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 8
  • »
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) » News » Codename: PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) (Questions and ideas)
Codename: PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod)
Thursday, 2009-04-09, 5:28 PM

Message # 1

Spanishrepublicansoldier

Major
Veteran User

I open this topic to apport ideas for the new mod of VPF2.

I Think the pacific front (japaneses, americans..) is a good idea because i dont know any strategic game of this front.

If you want, i try to make new units. but i have a problem (to VPF2): what program do you use to create or modding the units of panzers 2?

SALUDOS biggrin

Friday, 2009-04-10, 0:15 AM

Message # 2

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Hey,

To make new skins for the units:
1. First extract the skin (dxt file) from the main.pak using PANZERS Unpacker
2. Then convert the dxt file to dds format using "Convert external DXT to DDS" function in the PANZERS Unpacker
3. Convert the DDS file to BMP (or any other editable graphics format by choice).
4. Edit the skin using Photoshop or any other software.
5. Then again convert the skin back to DDS and the DDS back to DXT.

I'll make a more informative tutorial later. Anyway thanks for the interest.

Translated to Spanish:

¡Eh!,

Para realizar nuevas skins para las unidades:
1. Primer extracto de la piel (DxT archivo) de la main.pak con PANZERS Unpacker
2. DxT luego convertir el archivo en formato dds utilizando "Convertir a DDS DxT externa" en función de la PANZERS Unpacker
3. Convertir el archivo a los formatos BMP DDS (o cualquier otro formato editable gráficos por elección).
4. Editar la piel con Photoshop o cualquier otro software.
5. Una vez más convertir la piel vuelve a DDS y el DDS Volver DxT.

Voy a hacer un tutorial más información más tarde. De todos modos gracias por el interés.

Friday, 2009-04-10, 11:07 AM

Message # 3

Spanishrepublicansoldier

Major
Veteran User

thanks dude biggrin what program do you use to convert dds archives to bmp?

Message edited by Spanishrepublicansoldier - Friday, 2009-04-10, 11:58 AM

Friday, 2009-04-10, 12:30 PM

Message # 4

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Complete skinning tutorial just for you happy

http://panzers.ucoz.com/load/9 Download it

Friday, 2009-04-10, 1:24 PM

Message # 5

Spanishrepublicansoldier

Major
Veteran User

downloading..... biggrin

thanks biggrin

Friday, 2009-04-10, 5:26 PM

Message # 6

Grandslam

Lieutenant
Veteran User

If you are using photoshop you just need to download a plugin for dds. Just follow the link below. Btw did you get the Kursk mod to work???

Plugins

And a phase 3 mod would be so cool. If ya guys needs any help just yell. I am good at skinning and understand the editor very well.

Is working on a DAK mod atm with a 8 mission singleplayer campaign. If any1 have any nice desert skins or camo that was used by the germans in africa i would love to see them.

Friday, 2009-04-10, 10:43 PM

Message # 7

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Thanks for the interest. Yeah any help would be appreciated. If you want to help me with the project please PM me and we'll talk. The Phase 3 Mod is nearly done (~75% finished).

Anyway the nVIDIA Plug-in is mentioned in my tutorial and you can also download it from here

Saturday, 2009-04-11, 2:08 PM

Message # 8

Spanishrepublicansoldier

Major
Veteran User

Hello guys biggrin it´s too hard reskin the troops. I have problems in the end with the nvidia plugins, and i have a problem with the dxt archive and the 4D archive. I put the original us soldier dxt and the us ranger DDS ( mod) in the same folder (walker), but the dxt archive dont appears when i try to convert the DDS back to DXT.

I hope you understand me XD biggrin

saludos cool

Saturday, 2009-04-11, 2:24 PM

Message # 9

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Both files (dxt and dds) must have the same name. For example us soldier.dxt and us soldier.dds. Otherwise you won't be able to convert them.

Anyway here's a pic from the work in progress

Saturday, 2009-04-11, 4:45 PM

Message # 10

Spanishrepublicansoldier

Major
Veteran User

thanks men XD, The mod is great, belive me, you must work in a videogame company XD XD

One question: in what front of war are the mod (normandy, russia...)?

saludos biggrin

Saturday, 2009-04-11, 9:04 PM

Message # 11

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

From Poland to Berlin. laugh

Sunday, 2009-04-12, 1:04 AM

Message # 12

Spanishrepublicansoldier

Major
Veteran User

great, i make a soldier of the blau division (spanish biggrin ), based in the german parachute, but it dosent works, so i try to post here and if you want, try to modify, If you want, put them in the mod.

biggrin saludos

Sunday, 2009-04-12, 10:06 AM

Message # 13

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

@Spanishrepublicansoldier I'm attaching a texture from an allied tank. If you want to help you could change the color to green. To make it look something like the Sherman or M7-Priest. You can post everything you create in this forum

DOWNLOAD TEXTURE

Sunday, 2009-04-12, 12:54 PM

Message # 14

Spanishrepublicansoldier

Major
Veteran User

This is the archive of the 250 division soldier. Download here:

http://files.filefront.com/250+bla....fo.html

VPf2, i try to modify in green your tank, but im a noob, so i dont know if i can do so good.

saludos biggrin

Certainly, a suggestion: we can change the music of the game. I have the sound band of the Medal of Honor allied assault, and have tried to put it in the game (in the editor), but it does not reproduce me. Does someone know like? The music is in format mp3. If you want, I lend it to you and you put it in the mod.
Regards XD

Message edited by Spanishrepublicansoldier - Sunday, 2009-04-12, 7:05 PM

Sunday, 2009-04-12, 8:09 PM

Message # 15

Grandslam

Lieutenant
Veteran User

Can you upload the rest of the files for the M18 Hellcat. I guess thats a rush for berlin model cause i cant see it in phase 2. Its easier to skin if you can see the model in the editor while working. I will give it a try however.

Here is a fast one, just let me know if the color is ok.

http://files.filefront.com/us+m18+....rl]

ps: how do you extract files from rush for berlin??? Do you got a newer unpacker than version 185??

Message edited by Grandslam - Sunday, 2009-04-12, 9:49 PM

Monday, 2009-04-13, 10:44 AM

Message # 16

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

@Spanishrepublicansoldier The music is completely replaced with a soundtrack from various games (mainly CoD WaW), anyway you can upload the music and post the link and I'll take a look.
@Grandslam, You can extract files from RfB using the Stormregion Unpacker ( Download )
The color matches perfectly thanks.

Here's a comparison between the M18 Hellcat and M36 Slugger.

EDIT: @Grandslam I saw your Panzer III F desert skin and really liked it. Actually, now I'm adding desert skins to all units in the CP3 Mod. So if you have some free time you can do the Panzer II ( Download ) and the other tanks that haven't got desert textures in the picture below. The time will soon come, when I'll update the first version of the mod, it just needs some tweaking.

Anyway here's the current headquarters_units_german_hq_african_hq

Cheers.

Monday, 2009-04-13, 3:45 PM

Message # 17

Spanishrepublicansoldier

Major
Veteran User

ok, I upload the music:

its in mp3 format:

http://hosted.filefront.com/SpanishRepublic

Are 17 mp3 files.

greetings biggrin

Added (2009-04-13, 3:45 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Vpf2 ¿you create a boat? i saw your image of the game XD, This is the best mod of codename panzers XD.

I try to modify the san gergio. We need to create the kriegsmarine XD. Now, i modding the elefant tank and a soldiers to create the SS troops. (all over black) biggrin

saludos biggrin

Monday, 2009-04-13, 5:19 PM

Message # 18

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Hey, SS troops are already created. But remember that using swastikas or SS runes is against the German law. You can create a blue skin for the Elefant

Monday, 2009-04-13, 5:35 PM

Message # 19

Grandslam

Lieutenant
Veteran User

Hi

Have made some minor tweaks to the m-18 hellcat, will upload it later. Working on the Panzer II atm. Also got 4 different pz iv. 1d and 3 f2's. Got a real nice tiger. Kubelwagen, Opel Blitz and some.

But here is a problem.

I have got the bmw 75 motorcycle in the game. You have 2 versions. 1 without driver/passenger (bmw_r75.4d) and another with driver/passenger (bmw-r75_figures.4d). The one without you can get 2 soldiers into both ingame and in the editor, but you only see 1. (aka there is no one in the sidecar) But then you can get the soldiers on and off the bike. (useful for recon, but would be nice if the 2nd soldier got in the sidecar) In the other version you got a driver and a 2nd soldier in the sidecar, but then they are static (they cant get off and on the bike). I also did try and change the german-soldier-mortar.tga in the 4d file to african-soldier-mortar.tga of the version with driver/passenger to get german african soldier, but gets an error. On top of that the one which you can get the soldiers off and on also drives without any driver.
Could be useful for a ghost recon platoon though.

Any ideas how to get the damn bikes to behave??

At least get the one with driver/passenger to use desert uniform. It seems the one in rfb even got a machine gun attached, that would be nice.

Or i will buy Honda tongue

Message edited by Grandslam - Monday, 2009-04-13, 5:41 PM

Monday, 2009-04-13, 5:46 PM

Message # 20

Spanishrepublicansoldier

Major
Veteran User

jaja dont worry, i dont create svastikas and SS runes, i know the law . I paint black the elefant and put the german eagle, like the as panzer of company of heroes. The troops are in black.

saludos biggrin

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) » News » Codename: PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) (Questions and ideas)
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024