Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Friday, 2024-03-29, 3:38 AM RSS Main | Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War 2 - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Forum » Everything » Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War 2
Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War 2
Saturday, 2009-02-21, 9:51 PM

Message # 1

Totenkopf

Lieutenant
Veteran User

The complete guide of ww2 weapons
Download link : http://rapidshare.de/files....df.html

Enjoy smile

With thundering engines as fast as lightning
Through victory and defeat they fought their way
With blockades and tanks the foes tried to stop them
But in full speed they rolled at their prey

Sunday, 2009-02-22, 2:46 PM

Message # 2

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Thanks for sharing this. Unfortunately for some reasons I can't access RapidShare. It's best to upload your files to f.e. http://mediafire.com

Sunday, 2009-02-22, 7:28 PM

Message # 3

Totenkopf

Lieutenant
Veteran User

I've uploaded the encyclopedia here http://www.mediafire.com/?sharek....8ebb871
Enjoy smile

With thundering engines as fast as lightning
Through victory and defeat they fought their way
With blockades and tanks the foes tried to stop them
But in full speed they rolled at their prey

Friday, 2012-08-10, 0:12 AM

Message # 4

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Hah, I noticed that since World of tanks is around here, it's almost impossible to find any reliable info on tanks on the internet. Thank Allah i started my mod and learnt almost everything on tanks a year ago, when there still some good sites did exist. GvA has been down since January sad

Friday, 2012-08-10, 0:53 AM

Message # 5

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

I use this PDF for all the info on German tanks. It's a very interesting and informative E-Book.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?d2hmtz2mly4

Here's a sample page:

Friday, 2012-08-10, 2:28 AM

Message # 6

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Oh, thanks. I would be pleased if you took a look at my mod smile

I don't know how come you've mistaken Panther D and A. It was correct in original Panzers, and in the mod you made Panther D the better version :/ I fixed it in my mod tongue

I wonder what you think of my damage model? I was guided by T-34vsTiger and Blitzkrieg. I assumed that any penetration with a 75mm or a bigger gun kills a tank of a normal size. I increased hp of bigger ones, like German heavies. Unluckily one can't make a non-pierceable armour in Panzers. I could, of course, make the spaces between guns' damage values, but it would take me another year to finish it smile I think it works quite OK.

Added (2012-08-10, 2:28 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Yay, that encyclopedia is great! I wish i had similar for Allied vehicles.

Message edited by Macer - Friday, 2012-08-10, 2:16 AM

Friday, 2012-08-10, 11:53 AM

Message # 7

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

See, the thing about realism mods is that for it to be "real" there need to be a lot more changeable properties for units (for example: distance aware damage, unequal damage for tank parts: damage to hull, turret, wheelbase, etc.). The game doesn't allow these modifications without remaking the whole game from scratch and I'm not talking about modding, I'm talking about the game engine. So in my opinion, we should keep Panzers as close to the original game as possible.

I have huge problems with all the filing, as I said previously I have 80GB+ of data from CP3 1.0 to current versions and even files preceding CP3. One small mistake and there you go Panther D is Panther A or something along these lines. Still, I try my best so things like that wouldn't happen.

Upload your mod for the community to decide, it's just my own opinion. smile

I have a book on Allied and Russian camouflage, but not anything at this level. Try a website called achtungpanzer.com, they have all sorts of interesting data. And I agree completely World of Tanks just poison the well with their made-up data.

Friday, 2012-08-10, 4:01 PM

Message # 8

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

I do know achtungpanzer. What I couldn't find was data on the presence of tanks in the front, to figure out if e.g. StuGIII F should be in the shop or not. It's hard too for Allied tanks. I used mostly wwiivehicles.com, they have mostly everything. Sometimes Wikipedia was helpful smile In WWIIV they have nothing about artilery, for example.

Thursday, 2012-08-16, 1:57 AM

Message # 9

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Quote (VPf2)
in my opinion, we should keep Panzers as close to the original game as possible.

Ok, BUT. The units have been created by many people, right? I spotted a kind of mess in the data. Sometimes 17-pounder has 76, 90 or even 65 damage, for example. Also, the original Panzers have strange reloading times, for example 5,5s for PzII's petty gun. Not to mention armour piercing MGs that make the whole game crazy.
What I would like to make is to make some ordnung in the guns. I already corrected reloading times in my mod, so I can quickly change all units' files. But we need a model for this. I made a table with suggested damage values, I'm posting it. I can change all the values and upload them without my mod if you agree to unite it with the main Phase 3 releases. It won't change the game much, just clear up the present disorder. I'm not really insisting on these values, but I'm convinced we should impose a standard.
Attachments: pens_for_std_CP.xls (20.0 Kb)

Monday, 2014-01-20, 6:15 PM

Message # 10

Dario

Removed

Hi Totenkopf,
I watched for your link, and i saw the link doesn't exist anymore "Folder not found".

Forum » General Forum » Everything » Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War 2
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024