Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Thursday, 2024-04-18, 11:34 PM RSS Main | Phase 3 & Omni-mod - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: InfraScope  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Phase 3 & Omni-mod (Awesome! But...)
Phase 3 & Omni-mod
Thursday, 2011-02-24, 7:27 AM

Message # 1

phrostee

Private
User

Hey guys,

Awesome work on Phase 3 and Omni-mod, but ya'll are in dire need of a serious copy editor to proof read and correct the unit files. There are errors all over the place. Some points to ponder...

Unit.Common.MarketBuyFirst =
When set to -1, a unit will always appear in the headquarters market in the campaign. set to 0 it will never appear in the market in the campaign. Set to a number value of 1 or larger and that's the campaign mission when you can start purchasing a unit. Example, all of the SS troops (among others) have a value here of -1.

Unit.Common.MarketBuyLast =
Sets the last mission a unit is available for purchase.

Unit.Gunners.X.Gunner.WeaponType =
Set to 0 for rifles, smg's, mg's, any weapon that shouldn't affect armor; set to 1 for AT guns, tank guns, rocket troops (basic direct fire anti-armor weapons); set to 2 for artillery; set to 3 for fire weapons.

Unit.Gunners.X.Gunner.BurstShot =
Machine-guns and auto-cannons get a number greater than 1 (unless 'Unit.Gunners.X.Gunner.ReloadTime' is set to less than 0.1), all others set to 0.

There is a lot of inconsistency for weapons as well. Different units with the same main weapon have different weapon's stats.

I won't go into mistakes of improper country assignments for units, or units that are improperly armed or identified, as this appears to have been initiated with the game developers.

My hats off to you guys, you have done some awesome work, even if it is a bit flawed. Keep modding.

Thursday, 2011-02-24, 9:14 PM

Message # 2

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Hey phrostee,

I hear you loud and clear. But you have to understand that the "crew" behind the mod (aside from the other members of the website who create maps, skins for units and so forth) is only one person. Keeping 1000+ unit files on track alone is a somewhat time consuming and complicated process. Anyway, it's great to see people finding the mistakes others would miss. Thanks for the post.

Saturday, 2011-02-26, 11:09 AM

Message # 3

phrostee

Private
User

hmmm...

OK, it will take a while, but I'll take a shot at editing them for you if you like.

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Phase 3 & Omni-mod (Awesome! But...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024