Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Friday, 2024-04-19, 4:58 AM RSS Main | Operation Sealion - An all new Campaign - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: InfraScope  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Operation Sealion - An all new Campaign
Operation Sealion - An all new Campaign
Sunday, 2012-03-18, 10:35 PM

Message # 1

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Hello every one.
I have a new project, in which I would love your help.

I’m planning to make an all new campaign for the axis. This campaign will be about “Operation Sealion”, the planned nazi invasion of Britain. The new campaign will have four missions, one for each german hero.

-The first will be about “The fall of Dover” with SS Joseph Haussen as the hero.
In the first day of operation, the germans would drop paratroopers near the city of Dover. There job would be to capture the docks, for the arrival of the invading Wehrmacht, and to “soften” the british defences. ( This one is nearly complete biggrin )

- The second will be “Beachhead”. The hero here is Hans von Gröbel. This scenario is the actual invasion. A D-DAY-like scenario, where the germans will try to push inland, and capture some british villages, and costal defences. The scenario is taking place in Sussex, between Dover and Portsmouth. The map will be typical countryside/beach.

- The third mission will be “Counterattack” and this mission will go to Ernst Lohr, who will battle the british, in the control of the countryside, between the beaches and London. As the names tells, the map will be about a british counterattack, from the Home guard and the auxiliary units. It is of highest importance, that this mission shows the lack of aircrafts for the british, (since the RAF was destroyed in the Battle of Britain in this alternate history) and the lack of armour for the Home guard. (This was abandoned at Dunkirk) Your job as Ernst Lohr, is to stop the british counterattack, and when you have done so, advance to the outskirts of London.

- The fourth, and last one, will be “Reichskommissariat England”. This map you will play as Johannes Haidel, and will help establish the occupation of London. The map will take place in the heart of London itself. You will arrive together with Dr. Franz Six, and his Einsatzkommando England, at the Dorchester hotel. From their you will begin working down the nazi “hit-list” called the Black Book. In there the germans had written down all the names of people they would capture, and/or kill, if they ever made it to England. You will capture some of these persons, but you also have to deal with another enemy. The “Auxiliary units” which Churchill had created. These are the best organized and equipped partisans in all of Europe. They will try to “ keep Free Britain alive”, and make a possible counterattack by the british army easier. In other word: To make life as a Wehrmacht soldier in England very hard. Your job is to destroy the partisans, and find (and destroy) their secrets headquarters in the city. The mission will contain the river Thames and parts of London. It is a half ruined city-map, totally urban warfare.

I will create the first and the fourth mission. (The first is nearly complete) I will need help to make the second and third mission. Also, the units and/or skins will have to be created to the auxiliary units and the Home guard. If anyone would like to know anything else about this project, ask me! smile

If anyone would like to know something about “Operation Sealion” see the documentary Hitler’s Britain on YouTube. biggrin The link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih5GGKQUd6E

Monday, 2012-03-19, 0:26 AM

Message # 2

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

I have a point: please avoid anachronisms - it's really strange to see Marders or Archers fighting along with PzII or Matildas

Saturday, 2012-03-24, 3:10 PM

Message # 3

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Hi Macer
I'm very aware of that. The scenarios will only contain units of the early stage of the war. I hate when units like the king tiger is used in map about stalingrad or poland (1939) eg. I will try to keep it as realistic as possible:)

Added (2012-03-24, 3:10 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Work in progress

New units: The british resistance. (The auxiliary Units)

The ruins of Dover: ( The first mission)

More coming soon! :)

Message edited by Tiger-Ace - Saturday, 2012-03-24, 8:13 PM

Saturday, 2012-03-24, 4:17 PM

Message # 4

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

What most strikes me is your facility to create new human units. laugh

Later we'll talk about for an old aspiration mine: The "Volkssturm" militias. I think it is a very appropriate unit to make a good map at the end of the war.

Greetings and congratulations.

Sunday, 2012-04-08, 10:48 PM

Message # 5

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Thanks Lucas_de_Escola!
The idea of some new Volksturm-skins has stroken me before. Actually I like the idea very much, and have decided that these volksturm-skins should be my next release in the "Extra Skins" thread. smile
Thanks for a brilliant idea my friend!! tongue

Added (2012-04-08, 10:48 PM)
Achtung everyone!

My campaign is about halfway finished!
The first mission together with the ax.bik, menu.map, 2 diaries (with sound) and 2 brifings is completed. The 4. mission is about half created, and will be very differend to play. A new kind of mission. Not all-out war, with urban-warfare and alot of panzers, but a "police-kind-of-mission". smile The 2. mission is also being worked on. I'm very happy how this has turned out so far. Some pics of the work:

Sunday, 2012-04-08, 11:01 PM

Message # 6

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

Very nice screenshots, Tiger-Ice. It is very interesting to do a "What if". Congratulations.

Monday, 2012-04-09, 1:49 AM

Message # 7

Figer

Major
Veteran User

I'm impatient for see your campaign!

Wednesday, 2012-04-11, 6:05 PM

Message # 8

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Many thanks both of you. I will post some more pics soon!

Added (2012-04-11, 6:05 PM)
Yesterday I began experimenting whit the ingame animaker smile I have learned the basics of the program, and have decided that my campaign will contain cutscenes! I have already made 2 for the first mission smile This will perhaps make the missions more exciting! cool

Wednesday, 2012-04-11, 11:19 PM

Message # 9

Figer

Major
Veteran User

Ohh very impatient now hahaha

Thursday, 2012-04-12, 2:04 PM

Message # 10

PantherG

Colonel
Veteran User

Hi Tiger Ace!
See my new panzer II E and F which can be useful in your Seelowe scenario.If you want, I can make you a diving version of PzIII ( tauchpanzer III) which had been intended to invade England in 1940.Actual models were used by 18th PzDiv during the first day of Barbarossa to cross the river BUG near Brest-Litowsk.
See you and congrats for your work!

Fan of panzers

Tuesday, 2012-04-17, 5:37 PM

Message # 11

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

It would be very nice if you want to make me a diving version of the german panzer III. I am in need of some amphibious amour for my second mission. By the way, all your other tanks are excellent! smile They will make up the main part of the german amour in my campaign. You are very talented in creating these "early panzers". You can send it to me after you have finished it. cool Thanks for the help my friend! tongue

Added (2012-04-17, 5:37 PM)
Some more pics as promised! smile

The port of Dover:

A total view of the map:

The second mission, "Beachhead":

Again, a total veiw of the map: (it is not finished yet)

New unit: German "beach-assault" squad. Riflemen with lifejackets. (only for use in this mission) smile

More coming soon! cool

Tuesday, 2012-04-17, 6:16 PM

Message # 12

YOSOYO

Lieutenant colonel
Veteran User

actually your maps look great, and there will be more:)
waiting for your campaign, i am waiting for see it! happy

sorry for my english and please ¡¡¡contestenme en español si lo entienden!!!xD

Wednesday, 2012-04-18, 3:01 PM

Message # 13

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

Your screenshots are very interesting. You are working hard. Congratulations.

Thursday, 2012-05-03, 10:10 PM

Message # 14

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Thanks for the support! smile It is alot of work but I think it will be worth it!

Added (2012-05-03, 10:10 PM)
Just a little update:

My work on the 2. mission is nearly finished. I only need to make the finishing touches and the triggers. smile

I have been busy gathering materials on Operation Sealion and therefore haven't worked very hard in the last period of time. Soon I will make the "Home guard" units (and maybe upload some pictures of them happy )

I am also working on making some cutscenes, but I have only created the first 2 so far. I have opened a YouTube account and I will upload a trailer to my campaign very soon!

It will still take alot of time to finish this project, but eventually I will succeed! tongue

Thursday, 2012-05-10, 11:23 PM

Message # 15

nacho1213

Private
User

Hi! Tiger-Ace wanted to ask you how do you can create troops for the panzers 2?

Sunday, 2012-06-10, 0:23 AM

Message # 16

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Hey nacho1213!
If you want to learn the basics, look up the tread "Other units" smile It's a tread where I asked the same question.

Added (2012-05-25, 11:29 PM)
Hi nacho1213. Did you succed in making new units for panzers phase 3? smile

Added (2012-05-26, 1:52 AM)
Some progress on my campaign! smile After a (long) break I have now begun working again on my campaign. Just some screens for now:

London under german occupation:

Parade-sign of the german wehrmacht

Well hehe, Wie einst Lilli Marleen...

Collaboration in England

German parade in London

Security-check on british POWs

Checkpoint in London

Added (2012-06-10, 0:23 AM)
If you got any ideas for the campaign, just say! smile

Sunday, 2012-06-10, 7:11 AM

Message # 17

Rusoski

Major
Veteran User

I am planing to make a campaing named "The Atomic Wasteland", I already have 2 misions and the Atomic Wasteland menu theme smile

here is the link for menu:

http://panzers.ucoz.com/forum/3-190-1

Thursday, 2012-07-05, 1:29 AM

Message # 18

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Hey guys! smile
I have experienced an error in my campaign. When I test the second mission, it looks like all units are invulnerable. Sometimes the units take damage, but mostly they are immortal. Do you know why this is happening? sad

Added (2012-07-05, 0:24 AM)
Just a little picture of mine smile

Added (2012-07-05, 1:29 AM)
A little trailer for the new campaign. I think I will make more at some point

Message edited by Tiger-Ace - Thursday, 2012-07-05, 1:29 AM

Monday, 2012-08-27, 12:04 PM

Message # 19

Daweo

Sergeant
Veteran User

Ideas:
Homeguard/Resistance with shotguns
Schwimmpanzer II - swimming tank
Schwimmpanzer 38(t) - swimming tank
Landwasserschlepper (LWS) - amphibious tractor (can transport 20 infantrymen)
Battleships=artillery support (captured battleship = additional artillery support OR battleship=fixed artillery)

Saturday, 2012-09-22, 1:48 PM

Message # 20

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Hello Daweo, nice ideas. I have already created some resistance units, but with shotguns? - Great idea! biggrin
The Tauchpanzer will be used in my campaign, and the Landwasserschlepper is a good idea. However I don't know how to create models from scratch, but I will et PantherG know. He is very talented. smile

Added (2012-09-22, 1:48 PM)
Acthung, acthung! The invasion of England is about to commense! Herr General von Brauchitsch, commander of the entire operation, is counting on us to finally win this war against England! Herresgruppe A and C is standing ready in the ports of Cherbourg and Calais. We are going over!

My campaign is still being worked on. I have had very little time in the past months however, and therefore the project has not been prioritized. But I'm testing the first missions, they are nearly ready, but the 2 last missions are still to be build. My 4. mission (the one in London) was deleted from my computer (!) when I was about 75% finished with it. sad But I have build most of it up again, so I think I will finish this project.

I would like to ask someone to do me a little favor. I need to change some alpha-channels in a picture. Can someone do this for me? I don't have the skills to do it myself. smile

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Operation Sealion - An all new Campaign
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024