Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Tuesday, 2024-04-23, 7:04 PM RSS Main | Ideas to build good maps - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: InfraScope  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Ideas to build good maps (Screenshots, explanations and examples)
Ideas to build good maps
Tuesday, 2012-02-14, 3:49 AM

Message # 1

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

Here is a PDF document with images of a map set in the eastern front.
Author: Manteuffel

http://www.crocko.com/5D96813....ead.rar

I think there are examples and interesting ideas.

Tuesday, 2012-02-14, 7:56 PM

Message # 2

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Well, the link dosen't work.... sad

Tuesday, 2012-02-14, 11:06 PM

Message # 3

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

Wow, it is truth. Yesterday it worked.
Well, here is another time.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21331809/granbrigdehead.rar

Tuesday, 2012-02-14, 11:07 PM

Message # 4

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Thanks I will check it out biggrin

Wednesday, 2012-02-15, 1:08 AM

Message # 5

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Oh my... That map is so damn beautiful!... I dare not wonder how long it took to be made...

Wednesday, 2012-02-15, 4:28 AM

Message # 6

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

Many months, Macer. And although it is wonderful, it is not the most sophisticated built by Manteuffel.
He is working on another with Tripel XXX. It is very advanced, but I don't have his permission to display images. In some time I can offer screenshots.

Wednesday, 2012-02-22, 7:52 PM

Message # 7

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

I think that all in the community can learn something from this map by Manteuffel.
A very beutiful map indeed smile Looks very realistic!
The motar-holes are very original. happy

Thursday, 2012-02-23, 8:33 PM

Message # 8

Kristof

Colonel
Veteran User

Where can you download this map? smile

Thursday, 2012-02-23, 11:15 PM

Message # 9

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

Unfortunately, it is built with an own mod.

Sunday, 2012-02-26, 0:44 AM

Message # 10

Kristof

Colonel
Veteran User

Will he make it available for the general public?

Sunday, 2012-02-26, 2:26 PM

Message # 11

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

It is unlikely. I also have maps constructed with an own mod. The problem is serious. To adapt it to CP3 need to redo it again almost altogether.

Sunday, 2012-02-26, 5:16 PM

Message # 12

Kristof

Colonel
Veteran User

Just bring out the Mod. tongue
My map will need an own Mod to so....

Monday, 2012-02-27, 9:44 PM

Message # 13

Manteuffel

Sergeant
Veteran User

Hello Kristof,

the creens from granbridgehead are from the Eastern-Front '45-Mod, but these mod is not finished, because it would a campaign with 4 maps and two bonus-maps. At least the mod maybe 1,3 GB or more. The maps are built with Berlin-Mod, Omni-mod and the Ef'45, that means, You can play this maps only in this combination. I don't know if I release the mod. The problem is, to built this maps playable for all users. I can not say if the mod is possible to adapt in Your CPP3, in our forum by Kane we had trouble with some older maps, which built with so many mods.

But if I decide to release the mod it would be next year. There are a lot to do. I work on this modification together with Triple-XXX. In the Ef'45 per example over 200 own skins for mostly german units and many own objects, music, sounds, shaders and so. We put focus on a realistic version of maps. Also get every map 3 or 4 cutscenes.

Now I have ready 4 maps (Granbridgehead, Stuhlweißenburg, Bridgehead by Frankfurt/Oder and Seelow hights. Next step is "Arnswalde" and after this the last map maybe Danzig or Breslau, I do not exactly know, which scenario I take, I think it would be Danzig. By three maps I have to create the triggers, only Seelow hights-map is ready.
But if You interested in this, here is another pdf from Frankfurt/Oder-Map:

http://www.crocko.com/6BEF083....945.rar

so long

greets manteuffel

Wednesday, 2012-02-29, 1:30 AM

Message # 14

Al_Capone

Sergeant
Veteran User

wow,

there are not really many maps in the panzers universe where i would say, well that they are perfect. building maps is not just about placing some objects, buildings and units, it is about atmosphere. the screenshots u showed us have a great atmosphere. i love just looking at your pictures. every single picture is telling its own special story and i guess that is it what a great map needs to become perfect.

I don't know if I release the mod

wouldnt it be an option to work on a new manteuffel-tripel mod, specially made for these maps, that consists all the necessary files? so there would not be any trouble with other mods, i know that this would be a fuckin big load of files but today no one is countig the GB's. thats your decision, but if you dont work on a release, more screenshots or maybe a video would be awesome smile

well, i dont know what to say, nice work guys...

ps: did you also work on the gameplay? there are many possible options to bring more athmosphere into the game with better effects and a better balance system.

Message edited by Al_Capone - Wednesday, 2012-02-29, 1:35 AM

Wednesday, 2012-02-29, 2:50 AM

Message # 15

Manteuffel

Sergeant
Veteran User

Hello Al Capone,

thanks for the feedback. Of course, I could upload other screens, maybe on next weekend (Seelow-hights).

For gameplay I had try these things: I had look at other games for real sounds and effects per example for the "Nebelwerfer" or artillery with a good effect for approaching granates for the fieldhowitzer... and found some really good sounds ... happy

Alos I had change the firerange of all units (vehicles) and the firepower. At Seelow-Hights-Map per example three tiger II and two "88" defend the village Friedersdorf. Ingame these units destroyed a lot of russian tanks ( maybe 40 in all before they self knocked out). The range of the guns from the tigers is very great so he could destroy the russian tanks at a range there he himself can not be taken. By th e"88" I had change the reloadtime because a good crew could fire up to 22 granates per minute, so can this unit by a long range and small reloadtime destroy many enemies.

At the beginning of the Seelow-map the russians attack the first and second-line of the Hardenberg-defenceline. I try the effect with the spotlights from Shukow, so You don't see many enemy units (there is misty morning with a lot of smoke too).

Next I searching for a good detonate effect (in COH there are a lot of good effects for detonation or sounds for engeneering per example, I try to adapt this for CPP2).

For firepower this: Normaly the enemy needs four or more russian tanks ( T 34, by IS 2 and ISU 152 is not so great difference) to destroy a tiger or panther (kill-loss relation on battle was for a panther against T 34 nearly 1:9, by tiger 1:12).

But one thing I didn't could change, that is the perspective of the camera. It would be a great atmosphäre, if we could the camera ingame move like in the editor with F1-key or like in the game Company of heros. sad

Another problem I think is the model for infantry. Maybe we could change the body of the infantry like the 3d-models by RfB (some of these are in CPP2 in the objects-folder), I hope that triple-xxx or jano could realize this ... the hope dies last ... smile

I think about this, to create a new mod, that at least You need only one mod (Omni or Berlin-Mod, with these mods I mostly work).

Actually I use this:

.\Ostfront '45-Mod;.\mods-OMNI;.\mods-PZ1;.\mods-RfB;.\mods-swini;.\Berlin45mod; cool

so long

greets Manteuffel

Thursday, 2012-03-01, 1:30 AM

Message # 16

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

There's a lot of mess with these mods... Can't it just be a united one? dry

I love your trenches, Manteuffel biggrin I even see some horses there wacko

Message edited by Macer - Thursday, 2012-03-01, 1:36 AM

Friday, 2012-03-02, 0:54 AM

Message # 17

Manteuffel

Sergeant
Veteran User

Hello Macer,

the horses are in the next update from Omni-Mod with a lot of other innovation things. I think triple-xxx upload this in next time. If You like my kind to built trenches maybe You are interested in next screenshot-update (seelow-hights - it was my first map I ever built).

so long

greets Manteuffel

Friday, 2012-03-02, 5:35 PM

Message # 18

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

Hey, Manteuffel, does Tripel XXX has created a "mine anti person"?
I have tried to modify a mina anti tank, but doesn't work.
It would be very interesting to be able to have this type of mine. Now I built them with formulas and locations,
but that limits the possibilities of using the locations for other things; you know that the editor only allows a certain number of locations.

Message edited by Lucas_de_Escola - Friday, 2012-03-02, 5:37 PM

Sunday, 2012-03-04, 9:29 PM

Message # 19

Manteuffel

Sergeant
Veteran User

Hello Lucas,

sorry, but this I didn't exactly know. Maybe it's better You ask him directly by pm. Of course he try a lot of things mostly vehicles; I think it is possible, that he also can make a anti-person mine.

so long
greets manteuffel

Added (2012-03-04, 9:29 PM)
---------------------------------------------
here are screens from my first map I ever built (Seelow-Hights):

http://www.crocko.com/A2AACEEB72AF4AFBA53087D20F411D4B/Seelow.rar

greets Manteuffel

Tuesday, 2012-03-13, 4:55 PM

Message # 20

Kristof

Colonel
Veteran User

Wow Manteuffel, you guys have some serious skill. I take forever to just create a basic map. tongue

Really looking forward to this, and of course also looking forward to some new skins. What reminds me, I downloaded skins for Normandy one time, but then my Pc got a virus and I lost most of my data. I think they were from Sturmann, but I can't find them anymore, does anyone know were i can get these back? smile

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Ideas to build good maps (Screenshots, explanations and examples)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024