Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Friday, 2024-03-29, 1:49 AM RSS Main | Solutions for Keeping Spammers out - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: InfraScope  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Technical Support » Solutions for Keeping Spammers out
Solutions for Keeping Spammers out
Should this website have more moderators?
1.Yes[ 9 ][90.00%]
2.No[ 1 ][10.00%]
Answers total: 10
Tuesday, 2013-03-19, 9:42 PM

Message # 1

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Hey,

In light of the recent situation of this website (I mean constant spamming), I've decided to ask you, the users, what should be done to avoid such disturbance.

Because of all the inactivity, I'm the only one left in the administration team and due to constant lack of time am unable to control the message-flow. In other words, we need a moderator and a trusted one at that.

So, if you think you are up for such a position, post here and I'll use my best judgment on whether to accept you.

P.S. After my exams, I'll get back to work on CP3. Currently as a programming project for my university, I'm developing a universal file editor, designed specially for PANZERS happy so you will have better means of editing Stormregion files.

Tuesday, 2013-03-19, 10:54 PM

Message # 2

Triodo

Major
Junior Moderator

Thank you for working to have more tools. If nobody cares, then no mod is released.

As you know, I offer my time to all of you, either resolving any doubt that I can, or whatever this forum needs.

If you need a moderator, you can trust me.

But I don't deserve such an honor.

Hello, I'm the rookie but gladly reply all the questions about things that I understand.

Sorry for my spic English, if you know Spanish, WRITE IT!

Tuesday, 2013-03-19, 11:20 PM

Message # 3

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

May I suggest that comrade MABM009 is made a moderator. I am sure he would do great.

Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 2:34 AM

Message # 4

Triodo

Major
Junior Moderator

Yep, I support your suggestion.

Maybe it's a filthy communist, but it's a good poster!

Hey, only joking hahaha

Added (2013-03-20, 2:34 AM)
---------------------------------------------
VPf2, By the way, don't forget the strange (and big) amount of "Trash-accounts" that sign up every day. (I suggest a rule: Post at least 1 message in the first day of registration, or your account will be deleted)

And another By The Way: As soon you have a stable beta of you editor, POST IT MAN!!! happy

Hello, I'm the rookie but gladly reply all the questions about things that I understand.

Message edited by Triodo - Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 2:42 AM

Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 2:55 PM

Message # 5

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Hey Triodo,

Keeping in mind that it's an absolute BETA as of now, here's a picture of the work in progress. It shows the ability to resolve a unit file, to a Tree control which allows much easier editing and provides descriptions, value presets and so forth. If you have any ideas about the design, don't hesitate to post. smile Just to repeat myself, this is not the final design.

P.S. Are you also a programmer? If so, as soon as I can get it working, you could beta-test it.

Tiger-Ace,

If MABM009 is up for the job, I'll make him a moderator.

Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 4:23 PM

Message # 6

Triodo

Major
Junior Moderator

Unfortunately, my skills aren't enough for call myself programmer. The only code I have written in my life are .BATs and Linux .SH

But, If I can help you on anything, only ask. You know.

The editor looks great, It will help. Much better than editing on WordPad

Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 4:39 PM

Message # 7

holdup
NGS3

Colonel
Senior Moderator

VPf2, So, if you think you are up for such a position, post here and I'll use my best judgment on whether to accept you.
i can join to help

hello. I send my name by this web service if you need someone with experience on the web.
I have my CV:

- Work in mod 1 and 2
-1 Website (www.youfreeweb.com / panzers)
-open and found a way to play on GameRanger to play x8 (including mod)
- High knowledge of the mod and all the programs to do make it 
- Admin teamspeack
- 8 years playing panzers
- Site following panzers 3 from the beginning
- Recruit people for the panzers
- French / spain / english
well I hope you like my profile and I can help mantain this active community.
Greetings holdup

I play PANZERS and you?

Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 5:21 PM

Message # 8

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

I give my vote to MABM. If MABM don't want the work, I vote for TRIODO.

Saludos

Message edited by Lucas_de_Escola - Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 5:26 PM

Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 5:28 PM

Message # 9

montymontanam

Major
Veteran User

Hello to all.

First of all, the project of VPf2 sounds really really interesting. I am not programmer, but I know something about Basic and C/C++ , if you need some help, just say it. A suggestion I propose is make available to edit more than one unit at the same time, i.e. change their parameters in common to a same valour.

Another task I want to develope is to make a real Online gaming. CP3 online works actually well, but some units are bugged (for example, MG that make damage to the tanks, like units imported from RfB) and makes online gaming easy and no realistic. The releasing of this project will be slow due to my lack of free time, so if someone want to colaborate, tell me and we will coordinate to fix the bugs.

About Admin Problem, I think that a group of 3 - 5 people should be administrator,this will be the best way for bringing the web, not only one or two, the condition is have a good comunication and coordination between them. The website needs a clean up and a update. We need show a easy way and instruccions to install and execute CP3 if we want more people join us, for modding or online gaming. I also propose Lucas_de_Escola among others join admin group with VPf2 and MABM.

Monty

The engine of the Panzer is a weapon just as the main-gun.
Regards from Spain.

Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 5:58 PM

Message # 10

Triodo

Major
Junior Moderator

Lucas_de_Escola, thanks for your supporting.

I don't want to be a "HIGH RANK MODERATOR, THE CHIEF OF THE FORUM!!", but I will be very pleased if I can BAN (or bang xD) all the moth*****kers that register everyday for spamming.

Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 10:07 PM

Message # 11

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Thank you all for replies, here's my solution:

I've created two new groups for moderators:
  •  Senior Moderator
  • Junior Moderator

For now I've chosen Triodo as a Junior moderator; MAMB009 and holdup as Senior moderators. Both types of moderators will be able to manage forum threads/replies and ban users. Just keep in mind, if you misuse your tittle, your account will be banned, so act as professionally as possible.

If you (the new moderators) have any questions, PM me.

Good luck smile

Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 10:43 PM

Message # 12

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

The panzers forum have a new "secret police". Be carful what you write guys, we got 3 new members capable of banning you lol. ;-)

Of couse it's just for fun, congratz on your new moderator-statuses Mabm , Triodo and Holdup! Cheers! smile

Wednesday, 2013-03-20, 10:57 PM

Message # 13

Triodo

Major
Junior Moderator

Tiger-Ace, Thanks you for the signature!!! Will be my new badge.
VPf2, Thanks you very much for this proof of reliance to myself.

You, all of you have my solemn word than I will never disappoint you.

Well, we have trash to clean!

Added (2013-03-20, 10:57 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Mendoza)
pero que cojones! y holdup tambien!!! :O
Whats the problem, Mendoza?

Te hablaré en español pa que nos entendamos los cristianos:

Que pasa con Holdup? Llevo poco tiempo en el foro, como sabrás...

Si te preocupa algo, comunicamelo.

Thursday, 2013-03-21, 5:27 AM

Message # 14

holdup
NGS3

Colonel
Senior Moderator

triodo , como lo dijo nuestro jefe vPF2 hay muchas cuentas doble, gente que se esconde detrás nombre falso que no asumas su palabra o su acto. miguel haz lo que tienes que hacer ya.

I play PANZERS and you?

Thursday, 2013-03-21, 10:43 PM

Message # 15

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

Felicidades a los seleccionados. Espero que con una buena organización y distribución de las tareas entre vosotros podaís poner al día este foro sin veros demasiado comprometidos en ello. Cualquier idea que sugiráis será bienvenida. Yo empezaría, si me permitís el consejo, por reunir todos los Mapas para CP3 en un mismo hilo y con fácil acceso. Ya sabéis que la mayoría quedan inhabilitados tras un corto espacio de tiempo. Y, como suele ser común en mí, opino que los nuevos escenarios, la creación de mapas, es vital para hacer atractivo este juego y este foro. Sin escenarios, poco interés puede despertar un mod.

Saludos.

Friday, 2013-03-22, 0:28 AM

Message # 16

Triodo

Major
Junior Moderator

Lucas_de_Escola, tu serías muy buen moderador!

Boss VPf2, I give my vote to Lucas_de_Escola (if he wants) for Senior Moderator

Friday, 2013-03-22, 4:54 AM

Message # 17

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

Lamentablemente, tengo muy serios problemas con el ordenador, Triodo. De hecho, ni siquiera tengo instalado Panzers ni ningún juego. Sufre de una avería que afecta al rendimiento, se me queda pillado y hasta reiniciarse es un problemón. Apenas puedo conectarme a internet y poco más. Como ya le advertí a MABM, cuando pueda hacerme de uno nuevo, avisaré y podré proseguir aportando algún mapa que otro. Pero hasta entonces no me queda más remedio que quedarme en pausa. Eso sí, permanezco atento a esta página y lo que pueda surgir.

Saludos.

Friday, 2013-03-22, 7:43 PM

Message # 18

MABM009

Colonel general
Senior Moderator

Saludos Camaradas! ya por fin estoy aquí de Nuevo... tuve un Problema con la Instalación Eléctrica y que Afectaba a los Enchufes de mi Casa y Claro... solo podía usar el Ordenador Viejo, creo que esto es lo Acertado, por Cierto ahora puedo ver unos Números debajo de las Cuentas y el País, supongo que que la IP de Cada uno.
Ya veo de lo que Hablabas Camarada Hold, Enhorabuena a ti también, ya tienes Conocimientos sobre esto ya que tienes tu Propia pagina, creo que mas que Moderador yo te lo mereces tu.
Saludos.

Friday, 2013-03-22, 8:43 PM

Message # 19

Triodo

Major
Junior Moderator

Quote (Lucas_de_Escola)
Sufre de una avería que afecta al rendimiento, se me queda pillado y hasta reiniciarse es un problemón.

Tres opciones:
Sistema Operativo - Reinstala y Listo!
Procesador - Quizá se caliente. Prueba a echar de nuevo la pasta térmica.
Fuente de Alimentación - Esta es mas chunga. Ponle una nueva antes de que sea tarde...

Lo demás suele fallar mas raramente, si acaso el disco duro a veces también da fallas, pero errores de RAM y de Motherboard son mas raros, y los suele provocar un fallo de la Power Supply

Lamento no poder ayudarte físicamente (Moralmente... biggrin Fistro!)

Friday, 2013-03-22, 9:46 PM

Message # 20

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

@Triodo: Glad you liked it. I think it matches the situation very well wink
Make me proud and do a purge worthy of Stalin himself XD.

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Technical Support » Solutions for Keeping Spammers out
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024