Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Saturday, 2024-04-20, 2:43 PM RSS Main | Codename Panzers III update 2.1 - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: VPf2  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) » Technical Support » Codename Panzers III update 2.1
Codename Panzers III update 2.1
Tuesday, 2012-05-29, 1:00 AM

Message # 1

Panther2

Lieutenant
Veteran User

Hello Panzers friends...
The Codename Panzers III mod designed to slow the dinosaurs in terms of size, so older PC `s performance soon reach their limit will be...
The entire mod is indeed practically the share of the omni mod, Berlin45 mod and the news of CP3, the smaller mods like Ardennes, etc. do not count it, that adds up, of course ...
What should I want to say maybe, not a tank. type make so many different skins, but it would be summer, camo, winter reception, this would save resources of many MB, just my personal opinion-it! biggrin

Recalling the update 2.1:
We have for example in Berlin 45 mod / Buildings / Paris House zb (destroyed) to another folder arrangement used, this update was apparently not observed, thus working all these buildings from the Berlin 45 mod not!
Units in the building also need to be changed:

here as an example...

Berlin 45 mod
Unit.Common.ModelName = buildings \ 01_House \ 4d \ p_h_02b.4D = false

CP3 mod
Unit.Common.ModelName = buildings\ 01_House \ p_h_02b.4D = right

this must be changed in the Building units !

I hope I have given you a little help to this problem
Panther 2

No more war , unless in Panzers Game

Message edited by Panther2 - Tuesday, 2012-05-29, 1:10 AM

Sunday, 2012-06-03, 10:58 PM

Message # 2

Grunneger

Private
Veteran User

Hey there

First of all great work! Love to see people working on one of the greatest RTS games of all time.

Tried the mod in the German campaign and I love it. Tried the British campaign and hate it. Is it me or is the tank destroying capabilities of the German Panzers a bit over the top? Clashed with 4 medium panzers in Kidney Ridge and I had 4 Crusaders, 2 Shermans and 6 armoured cars. Still the panzers destroyed my Shermans in no time, while I had to use my bazooka guys also to kill these tanks. Machineguns on German tanks have tank destroying capabilities, while Allied tanks haven't. That's not fair.
Panzer 3's and 4's didn't have that capability in the 2.0 version.

A few questions...
1 Is it possible (or will it be) to play the CP phase 1 campaign in CP3? Or is this onlt possible in the Omni mod?
2 Is it possible to built your own campaign like the ingame campaign? I'm trying to built a few maps which I want to connect to each other like the campaigns in CP.

Sunday, 2012-06-03, 11:35 PM

Message # 3

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Hi Grunneger!
Panzers phase 1 campaign can be played in CPP3, but first after some serious replacings and editing. It's possible, but will take long time to complete. smile
About the campaign thing, I'm building one for the moment. You can conect your maps in the editor and replace the original campaign maps in the directory. If you want more information then ask me! happy

Monday, 2012-06-04, 1:26 AM

Message # 4

Grunneger

Private
Veteran User

Thanks for the quick reply.
What do I have to do to play the CP1 campaign? Always liked the first campaign more than the second.

Correct me if I'm wrong. A newly written campaign replaces the original campaign. You can't add it to the originals.
If I understand it correctly it won't be playable within the scenario option.

Monday, 2012-06-04, 1:40 PM

Message # 5

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

No it woun't be playble in the scenario option. The campaign(s) you want to play from phase 1 will overlap the original panzers phase 2 campaign. smile I have never done this myself before, but I think I know what you have to do to put the phase 1 campaign into panzers phase 2.

1. Move (or copy) all the .pak files from PANZERS Phase 1 into your PANZERS Phase 2/Run directory.

2. Edit the game.ini so that it uses the panzers.pak eg. It should look like this:
[Paths]
Search = .\Mods;.\CP3-Cherburg;.\CP3-Main;.\CP3-RfB;.\Der Kessel-Stalingrad42;.\panzers_patch.pak;.\panzers_patch_en.pak;.\panzers.pak;.\panzers_eng.pak;.\cutscenes.pak;.\cutsenes_patch.pak;./main.pak
Search Base = .
Home = .
Locale = en

[Editor]
Right Panel = 0
Test in game = Panzers_Phase_3.exe
Test ini = game.ini

[Debug]
Debug Level = 0

3. Use the PANZERS Unpacker tool to open the panzers.pak and find all the campaign missions and localitazion files (ger-01.txt,ger-02.txt... Once extracted you have to rename them. ger-01.txt=ax-01_mission_local.ini) (axis campaign=ger-01.map, ger-02.map, ger-03.map... These files also have to be renamed. ger-01.map=ax-01.map)
Then place these files in Run/CP3-Main/maps/.

4. Use the PANZERS Unpacker again and open the panzers_en.pak
Find the briefings and diaries
Place the briefings in Run/CP3-Main/menu/briefings
Place the diaries the Run/CP3-Main/menu/diary

5. Open cutscenes.pak and excract all cutscenes into Run/CP3-Main/cutscenes/

6. Open the panzers_en.pak again and excrat all cutscene sounds into the Run/CP3-Main/cutscenes/ folder.

I think that should do the trick my friend. If it dosen't work then tell me. I may have forgotten something.
(If some of these folders do not exist, create them! biggrin )

Sunday, 2012-06-10, 0:21 AM

Message # 6

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Please Rusoski, stop spamming! angry When we find an answer we will help you, but it dosen't help to ask for asistance in various threads.

To Grunneger:
Did you succed in your "campaign-moddification"? Or do you need more help?

Saturday, 2012-06-16, 10:57 PM

Message # 7

Grunneger

Private
Veteran User

No luck yet.

Couldn't find the txt-files in the panzer.pak-file. Found them in another file (panzers-en.pak). Are these the ones?
Do I have to copy the files with or without their parent directories?
P3 starts, but crashes the moment I try to choose one of the campaigns.

Installed the Omni mod again to compare both installs. Is it possible to use Omni mod files instead of the P3 files?

Sunday, 2012-06-17, 10:49 AM

Message # 8

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Yeah I think they are the ones Grunneger smile I am not quite sure about what you mean by "Do I have to copy the files with or without there parent directories". You also says that the games crashes when you choose one of the campaigns. Can you perhaps show me the error messege you get? smile

Added (2012-06-17, 10:49 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Maybe you should make a new thread about this Grunneger, because You and I are actually, not only getting, but also staying out of topic... That is against the forum-rules, and I think we should follow them. smile

Friday, 2012-09-21, 1:46 PM

Message # 9

fuggio666

Sergeant
Veteran User

Damn! some of the new scenarios are not working (some object cannot be found). And vehicle script problems still not corrected: the MG-s are still hurting armor. WTF??? What where the creator thinking? I m tired of fixing these blunders. But now i m very disappointed. I m expected it to be working and having fun, but no i was wrong. Every single game worked for me but not this. Its time for the creators to think about this.

Friday, 2012-09-21, 5:27 PM

Message # 10

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Download my mod then: http://panzers.ucoz.com/load/macer_39_s_realism_mod/19-1-0-58 biggrin

Sunday, 2012-09-23, 8:35 PM

Message # 11

fuggio666

Sergeant
Veteran User

Aghhh! I should to do it my self again. Rather not. This " realism mod" sucks hard: with two Löwe i killed a lot of is 2 with ONE shot, but they couldn't make a scratch on mine. Tanks become useless. 800- 1700 front armor, still not enough. And scenarios still crashing missing something . sad I rather returning to 2.0 with my fixings. But thanks. This 2.1 is an epic fail. Somebody has to think about this. Expecting it to be a good thing and what a delusion. I won't agonise wit this anymore. dry

Monday, 2012-09-24, 6:17 PM

Message # 12

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

You simply do not know the rules of my mod. I meant it to be like that, by the way Loewe has 150mm@50 degrees, which gives you ~250 vertical armour. D-25 pierces only 170mm, so it's obvious it doesn't kill Loewe. Meanwhile, Loewe's gun pierces more than 200mms, and IS's front armour is around 150mm. Russians fought all their way to Germany by outnumbering stronger German tanks - if you happen to have 4 ISes or T-34/85s encircling Loewe, with artillery suport, they will easily kill it. When you have some basic knowledge of WWII warfare, the mod DOESN'T suck.

Monday, 2012-09-24, 11:31 PM

Message # 13

fuggio666

Sergeant
Veteran User

I do understand the rules and the tank properties. Thats not the point. There is no manner of doubt to the realistic features, but it is only good in single campaign. The first shot kills. I tried it in multiplayer and killed the enemy to easily. Its getting over too early. I would like to see more ratata and kinds of stuffs. I didn want o hurt ur feelings and i see u worked alot on this. Sorry for my rudeness. According to panc .xslx u calculated sloped armor thickness (sin 46/shickness) for real case, but why did u multiply it with 4,3 again to get ingame armor? U used the same slope angles by the tiger. And some of the tanks are not corrected like this (ge pz iv c has 80 front as before). But still some objects missing for the scenario and crassing. The commandos misson is crashing from buffer overflow. Any ideas?

Message edited by fuggio666 - Tuesday, 2012-09-25, 2:55 AM

Tuesday, 2012-09-25, 10:20 PM

Message # 14

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

I didn't touch objects or effects at all, I just adjusted the units. ge pziv c had around 30-40mm in reality, so 80 is already a changed value. I had to set a higher value so that guns over 75mm could kill with one shot. If you've ever played some simulations like Blitzkrieg or T-34vsTiger, you should know that tank warfare looked like bounce-or-dead in most cases. The bigger the target is, the less probable it is, and I have included this in my model - Ktiger has more hp than normal tanks.
Having finished the mod, I thought that I could've made the gaps between guns' and armour values even bigger, so that it would be harder to destroy a big tank with a weak gun, but I would take another year or so to do that, so it's nonsense.

Quote (fuggio666)
U used the same slope angles by the tiger
I don't understand this :/

If you want multiplayer more difficult, you can change AI's units in the files I attach. Put this folder in CP3-Main.
Attachments: ai.zip (12.3 Kb)

Tuesday, 2012-09-25, 11:14 PM

Message # 15

fuggio666

Sergeant
Veteran User

I mean u used the same armor angles by the tiger too, according to to panc.xlsx (110-->681). But the panzer 35 front armor didn't change. Do u think its possible to make tanks not to shoot infantry with main cannon? It a waste of ammo. By the way when i read the tanks armor does it mean the thickness or the armor plate or the thickness of the angled plate hotisontal?

Message edited by fuggio666 - Wednesday, 2012-09-26, 2:31 PM

Wednesday, 2012-09-26, 4:20 PM

Message # 16

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

It means thickness/cos(angle)*ratio to balance. I didn't increase 20 or 10mm armour in smallest tanks, as I wanted them killed with one shot of 50mm guns. 40mm is the smallest multiplied thickness, in fact. NbFzg has angled armour, so I increased it from 30 to 60, but it's an exception.
Main guns against infantry... Well, I think it is possible, but I haven't tried it. I think the line
Unit.Gunners.0.Gunner.ParentGunner = 0
specifies the main gun, and if you change it to -1, it will be a secondary one. Try it, I don't have time.

Wednesday, 2012-09-26, 5:59 PM

Message # 17

fuggio666

Sergeant
Veteran User

I still cannot enjoy this mod. So i do have to fix to my own if i want to play original style. But thx for the heads up. And pz 2 and its variants stayed at original and italiam m14 has 170.

Wednesday, 2012-09-26, 8:43 PM

Message # 18

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Meet the Oracle: http://web.archive.org/web....ttp vs http://www.wwiivehicles.com/italy/tanks-medium/m13-40-m14-41.asp . See the difference? ge pzii vertical 15-30, it m13-40 40mm angled happy

Wednesday, 2012-09-26, 9:20 PM

Message # 19

fuggio666

Sergeant
Veteran User

Ahh i see.

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) » Technical Support » Codename Panzers III update 2.1
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024