Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Thursday, 2024-03-28, 9:40 PM RSS Main | Japan Mods - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) » News » Japan Mods
Japan Mods
Monday, 2015-01-19, 2:15 PM

Message # 21

tarik

Major
Veteran User

Dear Sforza,
I followed your advice and effectively observe the LCM now carry more armor, but the major problem is not with the LCM but with smaller landing craft carrying infantry units. Those are appearing semi-sunken.
Thank you very much for your help and sorry for bothering you so much

Tarik.

Monday, 2015-01-19, 4:07 PM

Message # 22

sforza

Major general
Veteran User

Dear Tarik,
It was not written but you need to use the same procedure (used with LCM) to the "us-higgins boat-lcvp.unit" (smaller landing craft carrying infantry units) to prevent them from appearing semi sunk.
The file is in the folder called unit, standing on map Battle of Iwo Jima.

Sforza - Brazil

Sunday, 2015-02-01, 6:13 PM

Message # 23

tarik

Major
Veteran User

Dear Sforza,
I have completed the map, but to start I had to take the boats to shore infantry using the editor, since otherwise or were semi-sunken, or the game how do crashed trying to move. And out of curiosity I tried to locate other boats infantry maps to see if sailing without any outcome or the LCVP Higgins nor; I will because in either case there is a unit file what are called "floating" ?.
This is simple curiosity. Thank you so much for your great map of Okinawa, I really enjoyed playing it.

Tarik

postscript:
Precisely my nick "Tarik" is because my great passion for amphibious operations, having been the general Arab Tarik who conducted one of the first in history to pass the Arab army from Africa to the coasts of southern Spain.

Sunday, 2015-02-01, 9:00 PM

Message # 24

sforza

Major general
Veteran User

Dear Tarik:
Glad to know that you enjoyed the map, so it was worth all the work I had to prepare it!
Well, use the editor was not the best solution, and not solve the problem with other maps, not to mention lost the main emotion of the game: escape with the largest number of troops of the Japanese air raids on the sea.
For your information, the file named "us Higgins-boat-lcvp.unit" located in "units" directory that is available on the map "Battle of Iwo Jima.map" contains the solution to the problem of semi boat sink.
You takes this file (and others that are in this directory) and puts them on your computer by following the installation instructions that come with the map (readme.txt), ie:
1. Copy the contents of the folder called "units" into your Panzers-phase2 \ Run \ CP3-Main \ units
2. Copy the contents of the folder called "objects" into your Panzers-phase2 \ Run \ CP3-Main \ objects

Note 1: For files with the same name in que directory, Replacing old files by the current.
Note 2: Remember that you have Red Edition and then try to put the files in the correct address (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ PanzersIII \ CP3-Main\...), otherwise it will not work
Note 3: This is the same procedure you used for us LCM.

Nice to know that you like the naval battles, because I also like.
For this I have worked in the creation of the planes flying over water (which did not exist in the game) as well as aircraft carriers and etc.
My only regret you can not make the boats can attack other boats (think it's a limitation of the game).
Greetings

Sforza - Brazil

Message edited by sforza - Sunday, 2015-02-01, 9:09 PM

Monday, 2015-02-02, 3:12 AM

Message # 25

tarik

Major
Veteran User

Dear Sforza,

The included in the RAR battle of okinawa units directory contains only two files, the American frigate and Japanese Ohka, so I can not replace the original files of the landing craft.

Tarik.

Monday, 2015-02-02, 3:34 AM

Message # 26

sforza

Major general
Veteran User

Dear Tarik:
You are confusing: The map that contains the file is the "Battle of Iwo Jima.map" (not on map Battle of Okinawa).
The two maps (Okinawa and Iwo Jima) use the same units "us Higgins-boat-lcvp.unit" and without them, would be very difficult to win the game in any of these maps.
Ok?

Sforza - Brazil

Tuesday, 2015-02-03, 2:31 AM

Message # 27

tarik

Major
Veteran User

Dear Sforza,

Now I have clear, but, sorry for so many questions, from where I can download the Battle of Iwo Jima?

Tarik.

Tuesday, 2015-02-03, 12:54 PM

Message # 28

sforza

Major general
Veteran User

Dear Tarik.

You will find this and all other maps with Japanese units (Battle of Midway.map, Battles of Khalkhin Gol. map, Battle of Iwo Jima.map,  Battle of Singapore. Map, etc) in the same topic that you started (Message # 10 Wednesday, 31/12/2014, 7:08 PM).
Note: this message I'm replying is number 28.
Ok?

Sforza - Brazil

Message edited by sforza - Tuesday, 2015-02-03, 1:05 PM

Monday, 2015-02-09, 5:10 PM

Message # 29

tarik

Major
Veteran User

Now yes! Indeed the new file boats allows them to float and sail; Now I can really enjoy amphibious operations. Thank you so much friend Sforza

Added (2015-02-09, 5:10 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Dear Sforza,

I just finished your stage of Iwo Jima, and just wanted to thank you for your wonderful work, besides the extraordinary support for my initials problems. It has been a week of great satisfaction playing your magnificent scenery. Thank you again.

Tarik.

I have a curiosity: Why not float amphibian tractors? I was surprised because the II G. M. always formed after combat divers the first wave of landing. If you allow me a suggestion for future maps, is to use the amphibious trucks. I look forward to more of your work on the Pacific War.

Tuesday, 2015-02-10, 4:04 PM

Message # 30

sforza

Major general
Veteran User

Dear Tarik:
Glad everything worked out with their amphibious unit. As for the map Battle of Iwo Jima, I'm glad it pleased him.
I am now working on a new map: Battle for Henderson Field, also known as Battle of Lunga Point by the Japanese, around Guadalcanal
The battle was the land, sea, and air battle of the Pacific campaign of World War II ...
Thanks for the suggestions.
Regards,

Sforza - Brazil

Message edited by sforza - Tuesday, 2015-02-10, 4:07 PM

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) » News » Japan Mods
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024