Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Friday, 2024-03-29, 2:31 PM RSS Main | Kasserine Pass - reloaded - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: InfraScope  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Mods for PANZERS Phase 2 » Kasserine Pass - reloaded (The CP2 level Kasserine from the German point of view :))
Kasserine Pass - reloaded
Tuesday, 2016-06-28, 2:56 PM

Message # 1

roadie

Major
Veteran User

Macer and I will do a remake of the Kasserine Map. We will use the original map and do an inverse version.
I really like that map and one of the highlights for me was the weather changing beautifully from night to day and the back and forth of attacking and defending. I have replayed it now and hope I can change the textures and terrain a bit to make it even better looking. Lets see what we come up with.

Macer, how shall we go about it? Shall I start with cleaning the map and making a few alterations to the terrain while you think about the gameplay and unit placement? :D
Before I start, should we keep the size or do we want more room for the pass canyon to approach the village?

Tuesday, 2016-06-28, 5:05 PM

Message # 2

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

I'll do some research concerning what units we should use in it, I'll then extract them from my files to be added to the map package for download, and, hopefully, create new american AT guns or artillery in longer time. You can try setting the map up so that it can be run as next episode of the campaign and think of the plot. We also should design the AI to be a bit more difficult than it normally is, retreating in an intelligent way, attacking preventively etc.. I think the map is fine, but the camp could have some more space, and the surrounding hills don't need to be that big.

Wednesday, 2016-06-29, 12:25 PM

Message # 3

roadie

Major
Veteran User

Ok, I agree. I will copy the map and give the camp some more space etc. Setting it up as the next mission would just mean pointing to it in the original kasserine map and then pointing from our map to the next in the game I guess. If I understand correctly that means repacking the original Kasserine mission and maybe taking care that the change can be reversed. I will get to it asap. 
Should we start with taking the village and then defending it? Then we would just adapt the american units and place them and have the player start from either side above the village. Or should the player fight through the camp and then take the village with the americans retaking the camp and then mounting a counterattack on the village? That way we could have 2 battles before defending...

Wednesday, 2016-06-29, 12:32 PM

Message # 4

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Seems we need Shermans, Grants, Priests, Stuarts, Wolverines on Allied side and Pz IV F1 and G, Pz III J and M, Marders, StuG Ds and four F8s, Bison IIs, SdKfz 7, some Italian troops. Just to remember.

Added (2016-06-29, 12:32 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Well, I think first take the village, survive the allied tries to take it back and then crush the defence lines (it doesn't need to be a camp specifically).

Thursday, 2016-06-30, 10:04 AM

Message # 5

roadie

Major
Veteran User

I copied the map into an 800x800 (was 524x524 I think) in the center and adjusted the hills to make for 2 connected canyons approaching the valley. I kept the little river and the railroad. The village is the same. I will be working on this in the evenings and most work is tweaking the terrain so it has beautiful tactical pockets etc and great realistic roads, slopes and so on. I kept the original textures and will change them a bit but keep it like the original level. I took the weather files and suggest we start in daylight and do a whole night with the finale coming up at sunrise (again)? Would you like to have a 2D drawing that lets you think about this or do you want the unfinished map when there will be no big alterations so you can place the units and then give it back to me to copy the units into the final piece that gets the finishing touches from You and me? I agree on creating the terrain for a defence line (dig in spots) rather than a camp. We could use some tank wrecks for effects and epicness if you have some of those ... and how about connecting the 2 rails to make for support arriving by train?

Sunday, 2016-07-03, 11:28 AM

Message # 6

Kristof

Colonel
Veteran User

This is a great idea. A long time ago I was trying to make this map into an mp mission. But I got distracted with other stuff, I still have a good portion of the map though, so mabe I will give it an other try.  :p

Can't wait to see what you guy come up with!

Message edited by Kristof - Sunday, 2016-07-03, 11:29 AM

Wednesday, 2016-07-06, 12:44 PM

Message # 7

roadie

Major
Veteran User

Life is interfering but I should have a basic terrain map by the weekend.

Thursday, 2016-07-07, 11:46 AM

Message # 8

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

I have a rough plan for the battle.

Italians changing colour means they're first computer controlled, but after capturing the village user commands them.

No camp for Germans, just one or two supply containers in the village.
Attachments: 5164397.jpg (39.5 Kb)

Message edited by Macer - Thursday, 2016-07-07, 12:10 PM

Sunday, 2016-07-10, 11:05 PM

Message # 9

roadie

Major
Veteran User

Ok, here is the basic map no. 1    kasserine-map-1

I put it on the blog page along with your battle plan. Weather files and a basic mission ini included. I did the basic terrain and block painting. One GE tank to test-drive .. thats it. All yours and I will do some stuff in the meantime and then copy all your placed units back into the evolved map I think. Maybe we need a workflow since we will write triggers and stuff ...

Monday, 2016-07-18, 6:25 PM

Message # 10

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Looks marvellous!

Wednesday, 2016-07-27, 6:50 PM

Message # 11

Panzernet

Major general
Veteran User

Looks great roadie  smile

Im looking for people to make the Pacific Campaign mod for Panzers II and more

Saturday, 2016-08-06, 3:44 AM

Message # 12

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

I'm slowly working on it, I have most units already in place, triggers are, surprisingly, working, need to man the village and make defence lines.

Tuesday, 2016-10-11, 2:27 PM

Message # 13

roadie

Major
Veteran User

Hey Macer, take your time - I was sooo busy and still am. Had a bad conscience for not even looking at this thread for a week.
I will need at least 10 days before I have some progress on the map terrain decorations, but most will be done when I see your units. All the best.

Great biggrin

Added (2016-10-11, 2:27 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Macer - are we still on GO ?
if you have no time - send what you have so far
Torsten

Friday, 2016-10-28, 8:11 PM

Message # 14

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Heyyy, I'm just finishing the triggers. They aren't working perfect but I think I can handle it, if not I'll send it to you.

Sunday, 2016-12-11, 7:39 AM

Message # 15

Andreydeax

Private
User

Просто обожаю турецкие фильмы, есть ли какое-нибудь со смыслом кино.

Wednesday, 2017-01-04, 3:09 PM

Message # 16

roadie

Major
Veteran User

Hi all,
My Panzers page is offline. I am still working on payback V3 and it will take months to finish, but it is coming along nicely. However I think it will stay a personal project just to play with for me. I will just do it in english and since traffic here is kind of low it is probably time to say goodbye.
Should anyone want to play it when it is finished (German vs US - max size map - very difficult and tons of triggers, patrols, reinforcements, attack, counterattack etc) - feel free to request a download link here in the forum. It will be ready sometime this summer (2017) - Happy New Year to all and thank you for having me.

macer: I am still ready to work on the kasserine map if you have something to show. smile all the best 
roadie

Wednesday, 2017-01-04, 4:31 PM

Message # 17

Panzernet

Major general
Veteran User

Roadie, remember com some time to post yor work if you finally gonaa let us
I'm glad to work in your translations

Best regards

Thursday, 2017-01-05, 9:58 PM

Message # 18

roadie

Major
Veteran User

I will Panzernet - when its finished I will tell you and post a link. Thank you for working on the translations for the old payback mission.
Did You play it to the end?  smile
All the best and happy new year

Saturday, 2017-01-07, 3:56 AM

Message # 19

Panzernet

Major general
Veteran User

Quote roadie ()
Did You play it to the end?

I was nearly, i managed my troops to get the captured tanks and taked the city form one side, but i cannot played more why i was buy since then, so i hope retake it from the last save i made, btw i made several tries to win the map from different zones finding the most "easy" way to me

Wednesday, 2017-01-18, 3:05 PM

Message # 20

roadie

Major
Veteran User

Nice smile  there is the battle at the bridge next where you have to place the 88 and the thrower - and the last one is where it all started and the reinforcements are now positioned ...

oh, and you have some battle at the station if you go through there

Message edited by roadie - Wednesday, 2017-01-18, 3:07 PM

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Mods for PANZERS Phase 2 » Kasserine Pass - reloaded (The CP2 level Kasserine from the German point of view :))
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024