Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Thursday, 2024-03-28, 12:36 PM RSS Main | .TGA file and xnview - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: InfraScope  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » .TGA file and xnview
.TGA file and xnview
Monday, 2011-12-12, 12:36 PM

Message # 1

orgit

Sergeant
Veteran User

I would like to edit a briefing .TGA file (I am interested in edit text) with xnview.
But in wich format I need to converte the file?.
Of course I will ask permission to use that .tga file.
If I can edit I need just to put the file with the map I have done or it needs further instructions?.
Thanks for any reply or help.
orgit

Tuesday, 2011-12-13, 5:42 PM

Message # 2

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Hi orgit! biggrin
I am not sure if you want to create a new briefing for your own missions or just edit some of the campaign missions.
I don't think it is possible to change the text in the original briefings beacause its a picture file. However you can try to "hide" the text by putting something over it. Then you can write your own text.
If you want to create one for your own-made scenarios I recommend extracting the originals for the game (Panzers Unpacker) and change them the way you like. Opening the extracted files with the xnview and save them to a picture-format you can work with. for example .bmp. cool
Then just change them the way you like and when you are finished open the file with the xnveiw again and save them as a .tga file.
After that go to your "Run" folder in the panzers directory and put them in: Run/CP-3 Main/menu/briefing and save the file with your scenarios name. For example if your maps name was: keiv save is as keiv_hq.tga. Then it will apear in the game. Remember it is your MAP'S name you should save it as not the ingame name. smile

Thursday, 2011-12-15, 1:49 PM

Message # 3

orgit

Sergeant
Veteran User

Well, tiger-ace...you are everywhere.
First, tanks for your reply.
I have started some "scenarios" that I found when I have installed Phase Three. In one of this map there is a very good image of an old piece of paper where the author has written is briefing. I would like to edit this text so to add my on briefing and use it, of course after permission.
Here you will find a message I wrote times ago:

I am sorry but without any further help (tutorial, step by step) I can not realize a campaign (any way I can still made SP mission):
1) I have tried a lot but I can not find unpacker195 and try opening ITA.PAK file. Is there another way to open it? or Could you please tell me where I can find it?.

I have found unpacker 195 and tried, but I can not open ITA.PAK file (where I can find the files I need).
So, I have already installed xnview and now I can see the .tga image (breafing image taken from a map of a phase three scenario )but I do not know in which format I need to converte it and be able to edit only the text. I have tried to converte it in .jpg but I can not edit the text.
Now, I will try with .bmp as you said.
Thanks for the moment.
Orgit

Message edited by orgit - Thursday, 2011-12-15, 3:08 PM

Thursday, 2011-12-15, 3:29 PM

Message # 4

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

TGA files are modified with Photoshop. If your version of Photoshop does not support file TGA first convert it to DDS with Xnview.

Thursday, 2011-12-15, 9:13 PM

Message # 5

Tiger-Ace

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Well I have tested it. As long as the file is a .TGA it will be showed ingame. cool But I recommend you use theese paremeters for your pictures: Width-1024 and heigth-768 (pixels) smile If you don't use theese parameteres only some parts of the picture will be shown... (I have tested it tongue )

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » .TGA file and xnview
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024