Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Friday, 2024-04-19, 2:24 PM RSS Main | Adjusting Infatry Squads - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: InfraScope  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Adjusting Infatry Squads (Curious to know if I can adjust infantry squads)
Adjusting Infatry Squads
Friday, 2019-02-08, 0:05 AM

Message # 1

Kavinsky

Sergeant
Veteran User

Hello, I was wondering if someone would be willing to tell me if I could edit the infantry squadrons that are featured in the base game. What I'm looking to edit is simply the types of units present in each squad. For example, editing the squads to feature more than just one type of infantryman. Rifle squads that also have a medic or SMG squads that also feature an LMG infantry. I'm not looking to edit the whole outlook or meshes, just the types of units present in a given squad.
I'm idealizing a set up like this:
"Standard Infantry Squad"
3 Riflemen
1 SMG-man
1 LMG-man
It totals up to five units but just adds two different units.
Anyways, I'm curious if this is a possibility.
Thanks
~Kavinsky

Kavinsky

Friday, 2019-02-08, 7:22 PM

Message # 2

Panzernet

Major general
Veteran User

I think it's impossible to make the thing you suggest Kav

Im looking for people to make the Pacific Campaign mod for Panzers II and more

Sunday, 2019-02-10, 6:09 AM

Message # 3

Kavinsky

Sergeant
Veteran User

That's unfortunate. I was really hoping that it would be a possibility. Anyways, I also had another question, involving the in-game market and the appearance of certain units. I have found that when playing the campaign and skirmish or multiplayer modes that there are certain units that appear and don't appear for me to purchase and use. While this makes sense, initially, I have found that there appears to be an irregular set of infantry and vehicle types that will not be made available and some unit types that are. I have unpacked the units from my game into a separate file and have found some values that would allow me to edit market-related variables. For example:
Unit.Common.ModelName = units\walker\squad.4D
Unit.Common.LowPolyModelName =
Unit.Common.WreckModelName =
Unit.Common.SpriteModelName =
Unit.Common.UnitType = 22
Unit.Common.MarketBuyFirst = 0
Unit.Common.MarketBuyLast = -1
Unit.Common.MarketMultiWhenBuyable = 3
Unit.Common.Price = SMG_price
Unit.Common.MarketPicture = 56
This is listed for French Partisans and I was curious if someone could tell me what numerical values I could input to get these units to appear in the "Late War" market for the Allies. The same goes for certain types of SS and Hungarian units for the Axis, which would be a nice addition. Some sort of inputs like 1 to 5 or something like that to effect it's appearance in the in-game market. Just another question I had.

Kavinsky

Monday, 2019-02-11, 10:41 PM

Message # 4

Sgto_JD

Lieutenant
Veteran User

Unit.Common.MarketBuyFirst =  0 and Unit.Common.MarketBuyLast = -1   --> unit in all campaing

Unit.Common.MarketBuyFirst = 2 y  Unit.Common.MarketBuyLast = 10   --->  you can buy the unit fron mission 2 until mission 10

About MULTIPLAYER
Unit.Common.MarketMultiWhenBuyable = 3   unit desactivate in multiplayer
Unit.Common.MarketMultiWhenBuyable = 2   the unit can be adquirided in market later
Unit.Common.MarketMultiWhenBuyable = 1   the unit can be adquirided in market early
Unit.Common.MarketMultiWhenBuyable = 0   unit on both market

Tuesday, 2019-02-12, 4:52 AM

Message # 5

Kavinsky

Sergeant
Veteran User

Wow, thank you Sgto_JD! I'm happy to finally know this!

Added (2019-02-12, 8:34 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Sgto_JD,
So, I was trying to add some more units to choose from in the Axis campaign and skirmish. However, after adding the lines, I found that there weren't many new units added, with the exception being the replacement of some units in exchange for others. What I mean is, instead of having German Rifle Squad and Hungarian Rifle Squad, it simply replaced the German Rifle Squad with the Hungarian Rifle Squad. The grand majority of the units I attempted to add in were not there and I as curious if there was something else I should be doing to correct this?
Thanks,
~Kavinsky

Kavinsky

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Adjusting Infatry Squads (Curious to know if I can adjust infantry squads)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024