Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Tuesday, 2024-04-23, 2:29 PM RSS Main | Berlin45Mod - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: InfraScope  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Mods for PANZERS Phase 2 » Berlin45Mod (corrupt install file)
Berlin45Mod
Sunday, 2015-03-22, 1:18 AM

Message # 21

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

I like the realism that you are applying to the weapon. The game has a much more credible new dimension.
I think that in the "Battles mode" the game time it will remain very limited por the rapid destruction of the units. 
But for other forms of game it can be very entertaining.

I hope to be able to make something similar with CP3 in some occasion. It is an old idea that I never begin.

Sunday, 2015-03-22, 11:33 AM

Message # 22

SuubSilver

Major
Veteran User

Thanks for the Feedback Lucas!

I think in some points you are right but the other site is, have you seen the Jagdtiger comparison from the first Video:

What realism is?

The Tank acctually moves like a car or something, when working on Berlin45 now, it looks very like Nightgambler&Panther2 just stopped working on it. Many units are missing correct names, many skins/textures are in the folders but not even used somewhere. And thats just frome the units site! I know that Berlin45 is  an incredible work just for two peoples, so i think i just give them some support to "finish" Berlin45...from the unit site, because they just couldent cover all the work which had to be done on the Mod.

I checked these Videos on Youtube when working on the realism settings of the Tank:

Jagdtiger 1945 in Action (by the Brits)

Jagdtiger Doku (Museum shots)

And i (discovered that i did a mistake with giving the Jagdtiger only one MG because he had actually two) think that the bahaviour of the Jagdtiger in Berlin45 gets very close to the realistic unit (and as it can be in Panzers Phase Two game) by having an abnormal strong gun which can destroy anything on an very longe range but its very slow moving and turning because the underpowered engine. This means you have to go back to tactic acting in Panzers Phase Two and outmanover the Jagdtiger and attack him from the site. If you manage this, i think you have enough time to destroy it until he turned and fires his gun, with tanks or infantry with grenates.

At the moment when doing my videos of the "realistic" untits, please think about that i didnt work on the allied or russian units yet. So the target is, to work on all units and corect their settings and make them realistic. Shells cannot bounce of the armor of the Jagdtiger in Panzers Phase Two, not in visual and not in physical, so i gave it the real 250mm front armor to make it strong enough to "survive" many shots of an weaker T34 (early) (with lower damage by the gun) but to be realy damaged by an KV-2 or IS-2 (with higher damage by the gun) for examble, thats the Idea.

Making the Battles in Phase Two/Berlin45 "shorter" by using realism is one point, but the other point is, how many fun do you have if a Jagdtiger needs to fire 10 shots on a T34/Sherman to destroy it? One shot if direct hit, two max if not directly hit! To make the Jagdtiger avoid becoming the "super über tank" and destroy anything, it has a very slow moving or actually turning speed and a very long reload time of 12.8 sec because the 12.8 cm shells were so heavy, bullet and cartridge had to be loaded/stored separately (so at the end i think he even needs a longer reload time). Sadly there is no video of a real Jagdtiger fireing and reloading to see the real time who was needed to reload.

For the paks i did yesterday, i justed realistic reload times (and many other settings, just for examble) by wiki (plus some additonal time because not every crew was veteran and the gun was moving during the recoil and had to be aimed again

PAK 36 blank firing. reenactment. LSSAH hiculos de alquiler para cine y documentales en SOLDIERS

And if you fire with a pak on a tanks it gets destroyed by a few shells (depends on which armor) and dont needs 15 round for a small tank like in Original Panzers. Same thing if someone ever played "Achtung Panzer" campaign in the game Blitzkrieg (I), the same settings for units you gonna find there.

Achtung Panzer - Blitzkrieg (I)

So much for now!

Added (2015-03-22, 11:23 AM)
---------------------------------------------
A good example is if you check the actually videos im uploading, the "puma open top spähpanzerwagen" i using to scout is not balanced yet, T34 can fire serval shells on him without a large effect. But the LeIG 18 is now ready with realistic settings and very effectiv agains Inf & light or none armored vehicles but hiting a T34 right on the turret has no large effect, i think thats a good thing, check the video here:

LeIG 18 Test

Video is also a good example of very good tactical gaming by the computer player, very good step to drop parachut inf on my gun positions, bravo! One LeIG 18 could just escape because its a very light gun on wheels and has a fast moving speed (i think the gun was something beetwen 500-570kg)

Added (2015-03-22, 11:33 AM)
---------------------------------------------
You can also see that even unbalanced the units are not overpowered, they do great damage but still can be disabled by the russian forces attacking. The step with the parachut inf was not random, the computer has some real tactical use, in the new video of 15cm Nebelwerfer 41 im uploading, he does the same.

Message edited by SuubSilver - Sunday, 2015-03-22, 11:28 AM

Sunday, 2015-03-22, 4:36 PM

Message # 23

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

I agree with its opinions. Especially with the antitank artillery (Pak and Flack) the game is not realistic with regard to its real detrucción potential. And the same happens with other units of artillery like the model "Leig 18". These units turn out to be almost useless and have no attraction for the players. At least, to increase the range of distance of the shot can be the solution.
All this is an opinion that I have already expressed repeatedly in this forum.

I also have seen many videos on the real behavior of many weapon and vehicles. I also have seen those of you and I coincide entirely with its comparisons. I would like doing something like that in CP3, but it is a difficult and tedious work. I never decide to initiate the changes, although I know that I would be very interesting.

Sunday, 2015-03-22, 7:46 PM

Message # 24

SuubSilver

Major
Veteran User

I agree with you. I was searching for a mod to do this changes since i planned it so long. Kursk is a good start and a good plattfrom to start from but its to old and missing some of the new units like Berlin45 & CP3 & OMNI. Problem on CP3 is it crashes to often for me so Berlin45 was the choice to start with. Many units are disabeled in MP so it looks like the game dont have much units like CP3 avalible, im changing this right now. If CP3 would not crash so often or i could try this "Red Version" from MABM maybe i would give it a go.

We also need more and very large Maps for Panzers, but im not very good at map building and at the moment the Editor is not opening on my WIN7 64bit and crashing on the start.

I have to check OMNI from Triple XXX.

Message edited by SuubSilver - Sunday, 2015-03-22, 7:47 PM

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Mods for PANZERS Phase 2 » Berlin45Mod (corrupt install file)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024