Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Tuesday, 2024-04-16, 5:18 PM RSS Main | Battle of Mokra Where Horses really used??? - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum » General Forum » Everything » Battle of Mokra Where Horses really used???
Battle of Mokra Where Horses really used???
Saturday, 2011-01-01, 3:31 AM

Message # 1

Imperium

Sergeant
Veteran User

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mokra#Battle

I just read about this battle. Is it really true that HORSEMEN charged TANKS? And they won! I can hardly believe it. The wiki article is somewhat ambiguous.

Saturday, 2011-01-01, 9:04 PM

Message # 2

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Sometimes it's not the equipment that counts, there are a lot of variables that control the outcome of battles. A great example is the Winter War between the USSR and Finland. The Soviet forces had three times as many soldiers as the Finns, 30 times as many aircraft, and a hundred times as many tanks. Because of their high morale, commitment and unwillingness to give up their land, Finish forces managed to resist Soviet soldiers for far longer than expected. There are countless other stories when small forces defeat the stronger ones.

Anyway, I wouldn't suggest trusting Wikipedia's articles 100%, because anyone can edit them and they lack objectivity.

Forum » General Forum » Everything » Battle of Mokra Where Horses really used???
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024