Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Thursday, 2024-03-28, 4:37 PM RSS Main | Editing main.pak - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: InfraScope  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Editing main.pak
Editing main.pak
Saturday, 2015-12-26, 6:35 PM

Message # 1

jetstornielin

Private
User

If the forum isn't dead yet, here are my questions:

How do I edit the main.pak file?
I got this game for years but never tried to add mods and similar stuff. I got this Panzers unpacker that lets me extract and view files but not rewrite them, so I extracted the whole file and then I wrote a new pak file with the Panzers Packer but I get an error when starting the game. Tried to do the same without editing anything in the files but obviously I got no clue what's wrong. Tho the new file is somewhat bigger than the original (1,945,835 old>1,946,465 new ->without edits). The changes I'm trying to do is about changing the vehicle stats like damage, range, armour and similar stuff. No new files, just editing the existing ones.
Second problem I encountered is when trying to add new vehicles that can be downloaded. There's usually an instruction file explaining how to add it something like creating a run/mods folder etc.. But how do I add the vehicle after that? How do I see it? Can't buy it nor create it in the map editor.

Message edited by jetstornielin - Saturday, 2015-12-26, 6:37 PM

Wednesday, 2015-12-30, 2:52 AM

Message # 2

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

No need to pack changes that you make again. All changes must be included in a new folder and link to the file "game.ini" It's easy if you observe how CP3 is built.

Wednesday, 2015-12-30, 4:41 PM

Message # 3

jetstornielin

Private
User

Ahh, now I get it, haha. Thanks for this tip. Easier than what I thought.

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Editing main.pak
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024