Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Tuesday, 2024-04-23, 12:17 PM RSS Main | Repacked main.pak makes Panzers II crash :S - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: InfraScope  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Repacked main.pak makes Panzers II crash :S (I need help please)
Repacked main.pak makes Panzers II crash :S
Friday, 2012-06-01, 9:53 PM

Message # 1

Rusoski

Major
Veteran User

Guys I am using "PANZERS Unpacker ver-1 build-185".

First what I do is browse for the main.pak file then I select all and it says that there are 23847 (in total) files but when it finish extracting it just extract 23537 files (I made this many times and it always shows the same number), so 310 files are missing but what I noticed that those 310 aren't really files they are something like directories.

I imported a song and changed some .unit documents, then I repacked the files with the "Panzers Packer v1.3".

But when I start the game, at the main menu just when it end loading I get a message which says that some files may be damaged, it also says that I need to reinstall the game, then after few seconds the game freezes or crashes...

I made a test if the problem was because I changed the information in some files or I added the song, so I just unpacked the whole file and then just repacked it again without making changes, and I found that the problem must be when I unpack or repack the file because the game is still telling me that some files are damaged...

Any idea about this? wacko

NOTE: WHEN I USED THE OFFICIAL EDITOR I COULD SEE CHANGES THAT I'VE MADE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM BUT WHEN I START THE GAME, THE PROBLEM COME OUT.

Message edited by Rusoski - Friday, 2012-06-01, 9:59 PM

Saturday, 2012-06-02, 0:45 AM

Message # 2

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

You must start the game with the "Panzers_Phase_2_mod" icon.
You should not use the icon "Panzer III" nor that of the original game.

Message edited by Lucas_de_Escola - Saturday, 2012-06-02, 0:49 AM

Saturday, 2012-06-02, 5:25 PM

Message # 3

Rusoski

Major
Veteran User

Ya... Now the message isn't been displayed, but the game still crashes sad

Message edited by Rusoski - Saturday, 2012-06-02, 6:04 PM

Saturday, 2012-06-02, 10:06 PM

Message # 4

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

If you pick a file to change it is not necessary to repackage. So just have to create the corresponding folder. You can see this in any mod.
If the game crashes, it must be because something was wrong in your work.

Sunday, 2012-06-03, 7:34 AM

Message # 5

Rusoski

Major
Veteran User

So let me understand...

I unpack main.pak using PANZERS Unpacker, then I modify the file I want for example I want yu_civilian(1) (which is a farmer) to use spade and have a 0.5 range to attack, then I just open the .unit document with notepad and change that feature and save it as an other document with the same name, but where?

As I know I in the main folder of the game I must create a folder named "mods" then I need to create an other folder inside that one with the same name as the the original folder in which was the extracted .unit file. Then run the game using mod loader.

Am I right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An other question...

I asked this once, but I didn't understand the answer...

What do I need to do to make the train tow cars?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An other question...

I have noticed that all maps made by Stormregion have a " background" I mean instead of the colored fog the background which is out of the map has a picture depending of the theme of the map, for example if the map is like a desert so the background is a desert or if the map is a forest, the background are green mountains.

I've tried to change that feature in the part of "map proprieties" which you could find at Edition tab but when I chose sky, there are no options...

Any idea how to do this?

I have noticed too that in the part of the weather, when you can change the sun position, the time of the day, the fog color... there's an option named "sky" and it has a range from 0 to 100.

What is that option about?

Message edited by Rusoski - Sunday, 2012-06-03, 7:39 AM

Sunday, 2012-06-03, 2:49 PM

Message # 6

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

It is very difficult to explain in English things that are simple but extensive.

To change the characteristics of a unit, (attack, damage, range. . . ) It is necessary to have an editor hexagésimal. In this case, should look for in the folder "unit" of the game. Its contents are files ". " "unit". This file must be modified with the editor hexagésimal.
If you do not have a "mod" installed, you must create a folder called, for example, "Mod". In that folder you must include your new unit in the same way that was in the original game, you should create within your folder "Mod" another with the name "unit" to include your new unit. Then you must modify the file "game. ini":

Search = Mod;

I can not explain better. I am sorry.

If you want to fix all the problems relating to the sky and others, you must install CP3 MOD. There are all the files that you are missing.

Message edited by Lucas_de_Escola - Sunday, 2012-06-03, 2:53 PM

Sunday, 2012-06-03, 6:02 PM

Message # 7

Rusoski

Major
Veteran User

Ty so much man biggrin

Sorry for my ignorance, but waht is CP3?

Message edited by Rusoski - Sunday, 2012-06-03, 6:05 PM

Sunday, 2012-06-03, 9:11 PM

Message # 8

Lucas_de_Escola

Generalissimo
Senior Moderator

CP3= Codename Panzers Phase III MOD.

http://panzers.ucoz.com/index....-12

An other question...

I asked this once, but I didn't understand the answer...

What do I need to do to make the train tow cars?

http://panzers.ucoz.com/forum/2-83-1

Message edited by Lucas_de_Escola - Sunday, 2012-06-03, 9:30 PM

Sunday, 2012-06-03, 9:53 PM

Message # 9

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Quote (Lucas_de_Escola)
editor hexagésimal

XVI32

Message edited by Macer - Sunday, 2012-06-03, 9:53 PM

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Modding & Customization » Repacked main.pak makes Panzers II crash :S (I need help please)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024