Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Friday, 2024-04-19, 2:18 AM RSS Main | files missing when starting the game - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: VPf2  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) » Technical Support » files missing when starting the game
files missing when starting the game
Thursday, 2010-09-16, 7:17 PM

Message # 1

shire

Sergeant
User

Hi everybody!

Here's my troubles.

Every time i run cp3, i get a fatal error message. sad

if i try with the cp3 icon, i get "zlib1.dll file can't be found" wacko
if i try with the cp2_mod icon, i get "couldn't open c:/program Files/panzer phase 2/run/menu.ini" No such file or directory. wacko

I've installed original CP2 then patch 1.05 + 1.06 + 1.07. Finally CP3 + CP3 1.1 and CP3 1.21

I delete and re install the game several times but no way to play.

Hope that you'll be able to help me because i can't wait any longer to play. cool

Thanks for your reply.

shire

Thursday, 2010-09-16, 10:24 PM

Message # 2

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Hey shire,

First of all, is your Codename: PANZERS Phase 2 version English. If not, is there a folder called "Run" in the main PANZERS directory?

If you don't have the English version of the game, don't worry you will be able to play the mod. This is because the installation was oriented to be used with the English version of the game.

So if your game's version is not English:
First of all, remove CP3 Mod using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
Then follow these steps:
1. Install the mod into some empty folder (for example: "C:/Panzers Temp")
2. When the installation is finished go to that folder and inside you should see another folder named "Run" (For example: "C:/Panzers Temp/Run").
3. Now go into that folder and select all files.
4. Now copy them, then go to YOUR Panzers directory (see note below) (by default "C:/Program Files/PANZERS- Phase 2")
5. Finally paste these files into that main folder.
6. After doing this you can delete the temporary folder you created when installing the mod.

Note: Main Panzers folder (C:/Program Files/PANZERS - Phase 2 by default) is the folder you find the game's exe file (Panzers_Phase_2.exe).

This should help you solve this problem. If it doesn't, please contact us here.

Friday, 2010-09-17, 6:38 PM

Message # 3

shire

Sergeant
User

Thank you for your answer. I'll try this week end. hope it will work.

Bye

Added (2010-09-17, 6:38 PM)
---------------------------------------------
So, it was a nice try but unfortunately....it doesn't work ! sad

In fact, I remove the game. Then start again from the first step. Settin up CP2 then patch from 1.05 to 1.07.
Then i follow your advises (thank you again) but it appears that it was not that simple.

I'm running french version of CP2 (to answer your question)

here is the translation of the crash message.

if i use CP3.EXE : "this soft couln't start because zlib1.dll is missing. Reinstall the soft may fix the bug.
if i use CP2°mod: "Sproperties:: Load: Couldn't open ( C:\Program Files\PANZERS-Phase 2\Run/menu.ini): No such file or directory"

Here is the folder tree: maybe i have to change some name :

C:\Program Files\PANZERS-Phase2\Run

When i check this folder, there is no file call "menu.ini".

the game.ini setttings are :

[Paths]
Search = .\CP3-Main;.\CP3-RfB;;
Search Base = .
Home = .
Locale = en

[Editor]
Right Panel = 0

I write down coz it reminds me that for omni mod (not on the computer anymore), i had to change some parameters.

Any ideas would be appreciated. cool

thks

Saturday, 2010-09-18, 9:31 AM

Message # 4

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Try replacing the contents of game.ini with this. It might actually solve the problem:

Code
[Paths]
Search = .\CP3-Main;.\CP3-RfB;./main.pak;./fra.pak;;
Search Base = .
Home = .
Locale = fra

[Editor]
Right Panel = 0
Test in game = Panzers_Phase_2.exe
Test ini = game.ini

[Debug]
Debug Level = 0

if i use CP3.EXE : "this soft couln't start because zlib1.dll is missing. Reinstall the soft may fix the bug.

This error message indicates that "CP3.exe" is in the wrong place.

This picture should help you understand the problem better:

And about the CP3.exe. It's not necessary to launch the game from this file. The only difference between this file and the Panzers_Phase_2Mod.exe is that it has the irritating CD protection removed (as was done in Patch 1.08).

Sunday, 2010-09-19, 10:05 PM

Message # 5

shire

Sergeant
User

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES ! It works ! thank you.

So for the french version, make all the necessary update and change the game.ini of the CP2 run folder (copy/paste) (previous answer). biggrin

I still have a fatal error when lauching the game. sad Smodel::detachchild was not attached. BUT the update CP3 1.1 ant 1.21 fix it and it works by now. cool

GREAT!

Thank you to VPf2 for helping me.

Let's play.

Sunday, 2010-09-19, 11:12 PM

Message # 6

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Hey shire,

I'm glad all that worked out. Anyway, updates 1.1 and 1.2 were nothing compared with what the 1.3 is going to bring.

I still have a fatal error when lauching the game. sad Smodel::detachchild was not attached. BUT the update CP3 1.1 ant 1.21 fix it and it works by now. B)

These kind of bugs happen from time to time because there are thousands and thousands of files linked to each other in some way. So make sure you have the latest version of the mod.

Good luck playing.

Monday, 2010-09-27, 2:13 AM

Message # 7

shire

Sergeant
User

Hi VPf2, once again i need your help !

Everything was perfect by now but i'm playing allied campaing husky mission to be accurate. The display screen of the units is color altered but it isn't my biggest problem.

Any suggestion about : Fatal error: Smodel::AttachChild:Invalid node index ?

it happens each time i try to load previous saved game (so i need to start at the end of the tunis mission) and even if i try to go trough the mission whithout saving, the crash happen when allied arrive on the beach.

I'm running CP3 v1.21

Hope that your knwoledge can fix this bug biggrin

Bye and thanks

Added (2010-09-27, 2:13 Am)
---------------------------------------------
I was running CP3 v 1.2 but I've seen that i missed an update. I have the update installed but the bug has surived wacko ...

Monday, 2011-03-21, 3:22 PM

Message # 8

FreeTradeInn

Sergeant
Veteran User

Same prob as OP so follow your picture instructions, but now I get the new menu but the old game.

Please help

FTI

Sunday, 2013-05-19, 6:54 AM

Message # 9

Rusoski

Major
Veteran User

There is no run folder...

I don't know how i made it work...

Wednesday, 2014-12-10, 9:08 PM

Message # 10

camxmaster

Private
User

Rusoski, you are right, that folder cant be found. do you remember anything  about what you did that could help me?

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) » Technical Support » files missing when starting the game
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024