Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Friday, 2024-03-29, 3:51 PM RSS Main | Can't get Editor and AnimMaker to work in Vista - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: VPf2  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) » Technical Support » Can't get Editor and AnimMaker to work in Vista
Can't get Editor and AnimMaker to work in Vista
Saturday, 2011-04-16, 9:27 PM

Message # 1

dundas61

Sergeant
User

Hi VPf2.

Both applications give me very similar error messages every time. The Editor comes up with "Codename Panzers Phase 2 Editor has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available", and the AnimMaker is stating "InGameAnimMaker MFC Application has stopped working".

Can anyone advise what's gone wrong here please? I've already uninstalled and re-installed it twice.

Regards,

Mike

Added (2011-04-15, 3:45 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Now my user id seemed to no longer be recognised by this forum so I've just had to re-register.

Added (2011-04-16, 9:27 PM)
As advised, I've switched on all the Compatibility options, and now get the "SViewport::ChooseDepthStencilFormat: No available depth-stencil format were found" message for both the Editor and AnimMaker.

I've also worked through all the various "options.ini" parameter changes for the 6 key "Graphics Settings" parameters, but nothing changed.

The strange thing is that if you copy the settings from the "options.ini" file stored in my own profile - which is used by the Panzers_Phase_3.exe application and which works perfectly - the Editor and AnimMaker apps still won't work.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Tuesday, 2011-04-19, 1:45 PM

Message # 2

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Actually, the only people that could help you is the Stormregion technical team but the whole company went bankrupt a couple of years ago. When I tested the mod on Win7 it worked perfectly, something might have gotten messed up with the install, you should make sure that you did everything exactly like in the instructions:

1. Download installation files from any of the mirrors.
2. Unpack the files.
3. Run "CP3_2.0_Setup_1.exe" first and install the mod on a fresh version of PANZERS Phase 2. Install the mod in the same folder as Panzers_Phase_2.exe is (f.e. .../Games/Panzers Phase 2/Run or .../Games/Panzers Phase 2).
4. Run "CP3_2.0_Setup_2.exe" and install it in the same directory as on Setup 1.
5. You’re now ready to play/create maps.

If that's not the case, you have two options, either downgrade your OS to Windows XP, or keep experimenting and you might get the Editor to work.

By the way, when installing patches you have to install all of them. For example to install patch 1.08, you have to install 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 1.05... And I'm talking about Phase 2 patches, not the Phase 3 updates.

Thursday, 2011-04-21, 4:04 AM

Message # 3

dundas61

Sergeant
User

Hmm ... didn't know about patches 1.02, 1.03 and 1.04. 1.06 contains 1.05. Whereabouts can I get these earlier ones please? Can you possibly forward me a link to them at all please?

Also, from another response elsewhere on this forum, it looks like I may not need 1.08 - is that correct?

Added (2011-04-21, 4:04 Am)
Ok, think I've got all the patches except for v1.04. Can anyone send me a copy of/link to that one please? The game itself is at v1.03.

Thursday, 2011-04-21, 11:30 PM

Message # 4

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Try Google, since the main website is off-limits you should find the patches scattered in some other sites.

Friday, 2011-04-29, 5:28 PM

Message # 5

dundas61

Sergeant
User

Ok, finally managed to get the Editor working this evening, and what an incredible number of buildings, infantry, vehicles, etc are available for building new scenarios using this tool !

Update - I came back to use the Editor 10 minutes later, and now it no longer works - any ideas why, anyone?

Added (2011-04-27, 8:07 PM)
Hi again, I've just completed a fresh install of CP3 and the same thing happened again. The first time you go into the Editor it works perfectly, but if you go in a second time it comes up with the usual Windows "application is not working" message. I can't spot any files having been updated in between. Any thoughts / ideas / suggestions, anyone?

Added (2011-04-29, 5:28 PM)
.... becoming increasingly annoyed by the lack of any detailed advice on how to get this working in Vista ... CAN ANYBODY PLEASE ADVISE ON WHICH FILES NEED MODIFYING TO GET THE EDITOR WORKING ?

Sunday, 2011-05-01, 5:26 PM

Message # 6

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

This website is for the Phase 3 mod, yet I still try to help people who have problems with the game itself. But in this case I can't give you any definitive answers. And as I have said previously these questions should be asked at the CDV Technical Support page. This is the link to their technical support page.

Sunday, 2011-05-01, 10:32 PM

Message # 7

dundas61

Sergeant
User

As per previous emails, I don't have a problem with the game itself. I can get both CP1 and CP2 to work quite easily in Vista. The problem I have is when this site states that the Editor will work after you upgrade to SP3. This is patently NOT TRUE, as the Editor file hasn't been updated since 2005. SP3 itself works fine in Vista - the problem I have is in getting the Editor itself to work.

Thursday, 2011-05-05, 8:59 PM

Message # 8

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

Have you tried the editor I sent you via e-mail?

Friday, 2011-05-13, 0:08 AM

Message # 9

dundas61

Sergeant
User

Sorry, that one didn't work either.

Friday, 2011-12-16, 3:03 AM

Message # 10

Markus_von_Hamburg

Sergeant
Veteran User

I have an identical problem, and would like to creat maps. I have all the patches up to .08, and would love to create new maps for CP 3
Thanks.

No matter what my username says, I speak very little German. (Ich sprache ein bisschen Deutsch)

Friday, 2011-12-16, 8:37 PM

Message # 11

VPf2
Owner of the Website

Generalissimo
Administrator

You will have to contact CDV or KaneLX boards for further help.

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 3 (Mod) » Technical Support » Can't get Editor and AnimMaker to work in Vista
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024