Logged in as Guest | You are in group "Guests" | Thursday, 2024-04-18, 7:53 AM RSS Main | Payback V3 Map - Forum | Registration | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: InfraScope  
Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Mods for PANZERS Phase 2 » Payback V3 Map (the making of a map for phase 2)
Payback V3 Map
Thursday, 2016-05-26, 11:13 AM

Message # 1

roadie

Major
Veteran User

I am going to document the making of payback V3. This is a max size map that is inspired by the Karlsruhe 1945 bonus map Achim Heidelauf made for phase one. I really liked all the action he put into that awesome map and want to try and make something comparable in quality and gameplay. It starts with Hans escaping after Wilson captures him in one of the early Allied missions of phase one. Here is the cutscene from that mission. I am documenting it on subsilvers forum in german. Maybe you find it interesting to watch the progress. I also have a page for this project here: http://neptunian.org/missing-campaigns/campaigns/payback-v3/
as always - Feedback most welcome :)

Added (2016-05-16, 10:12 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Question intro:
There are 3 railway bridges 1way.
with platform (the train and units can cross it, nothing can pass underneath.
no platform (nothing can cross it, all units can pass underneath)
wrecked (just sits there)
all of these are doodads - I can't place them and I can't remove them in a cutscene of course.
In the su7 mission of phase one there is a gate that is closed and then in a cutscene it is replaced with the open gate. This is possible because the gates (open and closed) are buildings.

Question:
How can I do this with the bridge? Is there a way to create the 3 bridges as buildings? Or has someone found a way to remove doodads in a cutscene or with a trigger? I assume this is not possible but of course it would open great possibilities if it can be done in some way ... If the bridges can be 'reimplemented' as buildings - what has to be done to make them available for a player downloading the mission? How do I put them into the phase 2 game? Thank you for any pointers.

Added (2016-05-20, 12:24 PM)
One problem is that when a patrol spots the player, they run after him and just stop where they give up or kill him. To have them return to their patrol I use a location that includes the area in which their patrol path is. Then I setup a trigger that, once they leave the area waits for 30 seconds or so and then stops the unit and orders them back to the location. A second trigger tells them to take up the patrol once they enter the location. I need to have preserve trigger so this works every time they go hunting for the player. They will always start the patrol at point 1 of the path and sadly I have not found a way to make them walk back to the location - they are always in a hurry to get back to duty. Here is a screenshot of the setup. Notice the green wait area where they always stop for a little while before continuing the patrol. This location has to be between the last point and the first point for it to work realistically.

Added (2016-05-20, 12:45 PM)
I have played the phase one game in the last week for research (my GF loves that definition...) and found a lot of stuff that I want to use for the payback V3 map. I have also begun to make a tutorial map and recorded the progress for the video tutorial I am working on. Its a modest 512x512 map that will include every aspect of creating a great map. It will take some time though before I have something to show.
Progress on this map will continue along.

Added (2016-05-26, 11:13 AM)
Installed the Berlin45 mod and really amazed at the amount of work and love Nightgambler and Panther2 put into that. Beautiful.
I am continuing to texture the payback V3 and working on triggers and decorating - testing and researching.

Message edited by roadie - Monday, 2016-05-09, 11:35 AM

Wednesday, 2016-06-22, 2:58 PM

Message # 2

Panzernet

Major general
Veteran User

uhuuu, looks really big  biggrin

Added (2016-06-22, 2:58 PM)
any progress roadie?

Im looking for people to make the Pacific Campaign mod for Panzers II and more

Saturday, 2016-06-25, 10:37 AM

Message # 3

roadie

Major
Veteran User

Map is running great. Thanks everyone.

Monday, 2016-06-27, 12:01 PM

Message # 4

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

Great! I'm done with my exams, we could start doing some development soon. I was thinking of making an inverse mission on Kasserine pass map.

Monday, 2016-06-27, 1:27 PM

Message # 5

roadie

Major
Veteran User

Quote Macer ()
I was thinking of making an inverse mission on Kasserine pass map.

Excellent. I put up a page http://neptunian.org/missing-campaigns/kasserine-pass/
will look for images and read up on its history.
... or do you mean to use the phase 2 map and modify that?

Monday, 2016-06-27, 9:52 PM

Message # 6

Macer

Lieutenant general
Veteran User

option b) biggrin

Tuesday, 2016-06-28, 2:56 PM

Message # 7

roadie

Major
Veteran User

Fine.   I will take a look and report back. biggrin

Added (2016-06-28, 2:56 PM)
Macer, I opened a new thread. Lets do this. Let me know your thoughts over there.

Tuesday, 2016-06-28, 7:18 PM

Message # 8

Panzernet

Major general
Veteran User

If need help with the translations roadie when V3 are finished, i'll be here if you want

Im looking for people to make the Pacific Campaign mod for Panzers II and more

Tuesday, 2016-06-28, 9:51 PM

Message # 9

roadie

Major
Veteran User

Great Panzernet, I will definitely come to you for translation help if the map is published. I like your new avatar smile

Forum » Codename PANZERS Phase 1 & 2 » Mods for PANZERS Phase 2 » Payback V3 Map (the making of a map for phase 2)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright VPf2 Designs © 2024